The Latest News

John @ WEM

From their Facebook page this past week:

"...hopefully have some images to show for the 1/500 HMS Torquay detail set, by the weekend.

Another pattern I am looking at for this year is the old Type 14 Frigate. I have come across some plans that may by good enough to get a result with. It will be just a basic Type 14 as HMS Palliser or Dundas appeared. The HMS Exmouth conversion would probably be another complete pattern or leave it to the scratchbuilders. This will again be in 1/350 scale.

"An interesting week to say the least. Ending with the delivery of the parts for the Hunt class MCMV. This is a kit I am releasing that has been resurrected from the WEM patterns I made a few/many moons ago and showing its age. Consequently it has been given a facelift and there is a totally new photo-etched detail set, Decals and new instructions. The new kit is ATK 35010 HMS Hurworth and is priced at £56.25 Pre-orders are now being taken. Although I have the parts for the kit I am still waiting for the PE and decals, so I will keep you informed of when I can release it."

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Looking forward to the Hurworth, I picked up one of the last batch WEM did and I'm in the process of building her as Atherstone. Any news on what updates the new kit will include? Will the etch/decals be available separately to update the old kits?

• Like 1

Looking forward to the Hurworth, I picked up one of the last batch WEM did and I'm in the process of building her as Atherstone. Any news on what updates the new kit will include? Will the etch/decals be available separately to update the old kits?

The short answer is yes on both counts. Send me an e.mail and I can get you fixed up with the what you need. They are available now.

• Like 1