Italeri/Testors B-2 Spirit

lazyeagle

This kit really is a ghost- missed out twice trying to get hold of one. Does anyone know if the kit might be re-released at some stage? I know there was a limited re-issue which I wasn't aware of. Anyway still after one but not holding my breadth.

Got this kit, started it 23 years ago, threw it back in the box in disgust after a few months. It collected dust on the top shelf for over 20 years and was then moved to my parents' loft. Perhaps some day I will have the courage or senility to finish it.

I think he bought the first one, I got a PM back and it sold immediately after I told him.

Yes Indeed I did thanks. Thanks to all posting up other kits. Hoping mine arrives today and then the agony of cutting, shaping, scratching begins....

Even building it that way, 'minimum' is measured in tons of putty for this kit.

Agreed! It's one of, if not the worst IM kits I have ever had the mis-pleasure of building.

It's comes up well in the end and is an impressive model, but it's quite a fight to get it there!

Last year I completed a resin kit of the Comet I after 18 months of work. I started that build with the idea that I would hammer it into submission by ignoring all surface detail, panel lines and other small stuff that was there and sacrificing it in the process of getting the general shape right first, then restoring the detail later. It was a hard, hard build. Still, I think if I ever build the B-2 I will follow a similar strategy.

I lobbying for new tool by revell in their "ideas" program, and have it support by 13 000 peoples...

Testors i build a many years ago, and it is B-2, but not shake and bake kit.