1/72 - Dornier Do.27 by Special Hobby - released

Homebee

Special Hobby is to release a 1/72nd Dornier Do.27 kit - ref.SH72327

Source: https://www.facebook.com/specialhobby/photos/a.458974014197468.1073741825.256992114395660/985391688222362/?type=3&theater

Quiz - Here is the first test shot is our surprise project in 1/72 scale. The first to recognize the aircraft, get this kit for free when available - if he builds himself and 1/72 kits too. I'm curious to see how short the time is up at the right aircraft designation.

12400818_985391688222362_997337676412775

Maybe next time in quarter scale...

V.P.

Matt-Memory2.jpg

Edited by Homebee
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

I'll have one of those. "The Serengeti Shall Not Die" by Bernard & Michael Grzimek is one of my favourite books on Africa, to have a kit of this wee plane will be too good to miss. The stripes promise to be fun though or are they decals?

Steve.

Edited by stevehnz
  • Like 1

I love that box art........SH box arts are absolutely superb nowadays and worth selling as prints for framing,.....there you go Pertr and co,....a free marketing tip!

Cheers

Tony

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
1 hour ago, Kevin Callahan said:

This is an odd one. We were seeing test sprue shots 18 months ago. I'll still be interested in the safari markings when it comes out, but I wonder what the holdup has been. 

My first thought when I read your post was to question whether it really was 18 months ago that we saw the test shots, I thought it was more recently than that but looking back through this thread, you're of course correct!

It does seem to be taking a long time to come to the market, I have one on advance order with a certain purveyor of kits so I"d kjnd of hoped it would be sooner rather than later...   ... beat not hold my breath then.

I"LL still be getting one though.