This site uses cookies! Learn More

This site uses cookies!

You can find a list of those cookies here: mysite.com/cookies

By continuing to use this site, you agree to allow us to store cookies on your computer. :)

Harvs73

Italeri 1/48 FAA TBF-1C Avenger

This is my completed TBF-1C Avenger, JZ257/373 'P', 849 NAS HMS Victorious 1945. I used the Italeri kit, Xtradecal markings and an Eduard cockpit detail set.

The build log is at the link below:

http://www.aussiemodeller.com.au/forum/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=10881

The images:

P1170614.jpg

P1170599.jpg

P1170598.jpg

P1170597.jpg

P1170603.jpg

P1170601.jpg

For more images go to the link below:

http://www.aussiemodeller.com.au/pages/Gallery/Aircraft_E-H/Harvey%20FAA%20Avenger01.html

Edited by Harvs73

Very nice Dave,

Another fine addition to your Fleet Air Arm collection mate and you came to a very similar conclusion to me for the Observers position. One of the things that I like about your in progress shots are the tantalising glimpses of what you have to follow in the wings,.......I`m looking forward to the Mustang and Kittyhawk!

Cheers

Tony

Nice work Dave, I really like the paint job! Quite the attractive scheme on the Turkey. Looking forward to your future builds!

Ohh, I say!

Thanks all. I have a few more of these kits in the stash so I am planning at least one RNZAF aircraft and a few more FAA ones.

Looks very nice indeed! I am in the process of starting a Hobbyboss 'FAA Mk1' to be built as a MkII. Do the dome shaped windows come with the kit? I like what you have done with the observers position too.

A mighty fine job you have made of it, she looks a stunner! What paints did you use?

Bob

Thanks all.

For paints I used the US equivalents of Humbrol Hu159 for OD, Hu 125 for the EDSG and Hu90 for the undersides. For the overpainted area on the right wing I used Hu224 I think.

The dome windows come with the kit and I should have put more time in to fitting them properly as they are not quite right and sit slightly proud.

Lovely build

A very nicely done model David!!! :thumbsup:

I did the same one a couple of years ago for the Fleet Air Arm Group Build, except mine was probably late in JT-257's life! Mine had LOTS of extras thrown in, was a very enjoyable build!

http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/234942602-complete-148-accurate-miniatures-grumman-tbf-1c-avenger-itarpon-i/

It's great to see this build, I have a love of love for this aircraft and the model!

Really nice Avenger; looks great

That's great, looks lovely in that scheme

That looks excellent, though maybe a tad large for your photo booth.

Jim