Vickers VC10 1/144 Roden

Looking good, and glad to see this kit being built, it's one many here are looking forward to

And good to see that spent .22 cases can have a use in modelling, I've got a few but never thought of using them this way.. :)

Maybe I should think of rejoining Dublin University Rifle Club after all. The cost of joining DU Central Athletics Club first has put me off so far

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

These masks does my printing department. Roden also interested, I think it will be a basic kit.

Thanks for the reply. :yikes:

• 2 weeks later...

Just incase you missed it...... Haynes are publishing Vickers/BOAC VC10 Manual: All Models and Variants . Its in final pics and text are being done as I type this. Pre-order Amazon post free £18.62. (RRP £22.99 +£2.99 P&P after)

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/0857337998?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=ox_sc_act_title_3&smid=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE

Edited by bzn20
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The question is, if you're not too bothered about accuracy, can you get away with applying an RAF colour scheme?

I did 5 years at Brize Norton and would love to do a 10 or 101 Sqn jet

Paul

• Like 1

Like the service number shame about the trade!! :winkgrin: ......Now what was your first 1250 number?..........B310120 was mine Oct 70!

When were you at Brize ? 72-92.

The question is, if you're not too bothered about accuracy, can you get away with applying an RAF colour scheme?

I did 5 years at Brize Norton and would love to do a 10 or 101 Sqn jet

Paul

Yes , If its a standard for the C.Mk1 and K2 . K3 and K4 from Supers.But you'll need the refuel gear where applicable,thats a bit of detail you cant leave out.

Edited by bzn20
  • Like 1

Like the service number shame about the trade!! :winkgrin: ......Now what was your first 1250 number?..........B310120 was mine Oct 70!

When were you at Brize ? 72-92.

Did two tours Feb 86 - Nov 88 in the Communications Centre and Jul 97 - Mar 99 on Tactical Communications Wing. Remember on my first tour we used to get pinged to go across to base hanger to hand polish the VC-10s for VIP flights.

• Like 2

Did two tours Feb 86 - Nov 88 in the Communications Centre and Jul 97 - Mar 99 on Tactical Communications Wing. Remember on my first tour we used to get pinged to go across to base hanger to hand polish the VC-10s for VIP flights.

Ha, imagine TCW cleaning Tens,thats funny. They weren't short staffed in the mid 80s,can't believe it,thats the sort of thing that happened on Queen's Flight. We couldn't get engines,Leckies and Fairies (oops Avionics) to clean the things they worked on.

• 4 weeks later...

I'd like to do a RAF aircraft, remember flying backwards in one when my dad was posted to Malaya in '67 I think, were among the last to leave when we left Butterworth to the Malaysians and the Aussie's, again in a VC10 :thumbsup: