Moebius Battlestar Galactica Raptor

some bad news on the raptor front boys and girls.

i emailed moebius regarding the raptor as they had originally said it would be released at the start of 2016, this has now been put back, their response to my email was thus; "
It is still in the works and will be out later this year.

the other option and far more expensive would be this raptor from Badazz http://jt-graphics.com/MK_BA.html scroll half way down the page and you will see three versions of the raptor

• Like 1

Those look like resin kits & the price matches at $150 to $200+

Its a shame Moebius are putting the release back, but IMO id rather theyd delay the release & make an awesome kit than rush it & rely on aftermarket parts to correct mistakes.

Wayne.

The following was posted on Hobbytalks Moebuis tread today and also mentioned on facebook page.

https://www.facebook.com/Moebius-Models-152580141448964/

Hi all

I had a brief Twitter conversation with Moebius today, when I saw a Twitter link for the Facebook post.

Conversation went as follows:

Moebius Models
Thanks to Doug Drexler, here's a treasure trove of images to help detail your Raptor. We had access to the ship a... http://fb.me/7eny1egu9

Me
Quickie! Is this an official announcement of a Raptor? '-'

Moebius Models
it was actually announced last year, all retailers should have ordering access.

Me
@moebiusmodels Many thx for the response. My apologies for asking further: is there an ETA on the final kit? BTW: great fan of the company..

Moebius Models
3-4 months, still needs packaging and a small tooling tweak.

Me
@moebiusmodels Excellent news. I had seen some listings online with retailers, but hadn't seen an official announcement. Best wishes for '16

Edited by stan

• 2 months later...

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.1190613677645600.1073741837.152580141448964&type=3

This just popped up on my Facebook.

These look good, not bad for the first attempt.

Looks like they will do a cgi version & a full interior version too.

Wayne

• 4 weeks later...

rrright - the Raptor appears at 9:54. ;-)

Thanks for pointing the time out mate,I should have pointed out he started with the Ranger and put the time on.

But thanks for stepping in and pointing that out.

ah ok, at least now i have a start place... couldn't stay up and watch the whole video as i was due to go to bed ( i work nights).

this appears to be a test bed from moebius as he mentions there are no instructions with the kit and i had heard someone was given a test subject to work with.

thanks for posting

• 10 months later...

I just noticed that in the 2001 Discovery video that there's a BSG Raptor in the background, so maybe it's back on the boil again?  It's showing as Pre-order on their website too.  Anyone know any more?  I'd kind of like one to go with my other BSG kits :)

EDIT: Just saw a dispatch date of 31/05/2017 as the release date on one shop's site :hmmm:

13 hours ago, Mike said:

They're also doing an armaments pod set!

1480524266-29611500.jpg

This isn't really news as they announced that 9-12 months ago and despite some one posting a comment about a release later on this year, there hasn't been a raptor added to the moebius website never mind a "coming soon" tag.

I got fed up with waiting and bought the resin bad@$$ version 

I looked at a lot of sites on the subject y'day, and iirc Moebius were showing it as coming soon. I've not been keeping up with the story, so the weapons set was news to me, and it looks to be a must-have to make it look as you say, a bit  more combative. :)

IIRC the Raptor kit has been ready for a while but the license agreements had to be renewed and the powers that be were dragging their feet. Looks like that has finally been resolved and production is finally getting queued up.

8 hours ago, Richard Baker said:

IIRC the Raptor kit has been ready for a while but the license agreements had to be renewed and the powers that be were dragging their feet. Looks like that has finally been resolved and production is finally getting queued up.

That's been said since the middle of last year and  there has been no hard evidence to back this claim up.

All they do say is that they hope to release the Raptor soon which is what they have said since November 2015

Only problem with ordering the Raptor from Moebius direct or Culttvman, is the customs charges Parcelfarce will stamp on it.

Happened to me when I ordered the old school Galactica & the new Pegasus.

But I came across this just.

http://www.forbiddenplanet.co.uk/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=4_8188_8190

It only lists the extra armament set, but at least its a UK seller.

Wayne.

Only problem with ordering the Raptor from Moebius direct or Culttvman, is the customs charges Parcelfarce will stamp on it.

It's not Parcelfarce that imposes the customs charges HMRC impose it based on the cost which is about $18 for goods and $36 for gifts, Parcelfarce then add a handling charge for collecting the duty on behalf of HMRC, which is one of the things that bugs me, the other being the fact that you have to wait for a letter from them before you know what the duty is.

Your best option is to befriend someone in the US and ask them to post it as a gift, though you will probably get stuffed by the cost of postage from the US!

On ‎09‎/‎04‎/‎2017 at 8:43 AM, Madmonk said:

It's not Parcelfarce that imposes the customs charges HMRC impose it based on the cost which is about $18 for goods and $36 for gifts, Parcelfarce then add a handling charge for collecting the duty on behalf of HMRC, which is one of the things that bugs me, the other being the fact that you have to wait for a letter from them before you know what the duty is.

Your best option is to befriend someone in the US and ask them to post it as a gift, though you will probably get stuffed by the cost of postage from the US!

Thats why im hoping that Forbidden Planet will update the page with selling the Raptor kit along with armaments set they are currently advertising.

Wayne.

• 2 weeks later...

Just bored watching tele & did another search for the Raptor.

Hannants are doing a future release listing.

https://www.hannants.co.uk/product/MMK962

And for the armament set.

https://www.hannants.co.uk/product/MMK968

Wayne

Edited by Deadman Disciple