The Manston Spitfire.... TB752 (1/48)

Spitfire TB752 flown by Hank Zary C.O. 403 Squadron,Diepholtz airfield, Germany April 1945.

When Eduard brought out their MkXVI Spitfire combo kit I was delighted to see TB752 (my local Spitfire) as one of the decal options.

My delight stopped there :weep:........ Eduard somehow did not do their research fully on this aircraft.

Edgar and I had a bit of head scratching over this aircraft as photo's are hard to come by......If any one can help out here please let me know.

This is the resulting model. She has clipped wings ...not elliptical as depicted in the kit and wheel bulges on the upper wing. All mods that can be done from what's in the kit.

I spoke at length to Lewis Deal who was in charge of the restoration back in the late 70's who helped me a tremendous amount (I even wrote an article for Eduard putting the record straight). Today she is resplendent in the Spitfire and Hurricane Memorial Museum at Manston.

http://www.spitfiremuseum.org.uk/

The kit is a fantastic build and I can fully recommend it to anyone. There is no IFF ariel and some of the colours on the decal sheet are a little out. Other than that I'd give it 10/10.

One last point this aircraft is credited with the last German aircraft shot down in the war.

Many thanks for taking the time to look.

Please feel free to comment.

Edgar ....this one is for you......

DPP_0036_zpsscl2vgyp.jpg

DPP_0037_zpshufwycnu.jpg

DPP_0040_zpsbjnjlx4i.jpg

DPP_0038_zps78nhtjoh.jpg

DPP_0041_zpsm1ns7zz8.jpg

Edited by jenko
  • Like 23

Fantastic build, hoping eduard include it also as an option when the smaller spit16 comes out this year. Just one question, the spinner, seen period photos with it the same as it is now, was there a reason aside from the eduards instruction to stick with it as black?

Hello,Jenko - My compliments to you on a fine looking build of your 'Spitfire'. I love the quality and detail of the paint and finishing work and commend the clean 'classical' look.She is a resplendent tribute to the pilot and the type.All the best,Paul.

Fantastic build, hoping eduard include it also as an option when the smaller spit16 comes out this year. Just one question, the spinner, seen period photos with it the same as it is now, was there a reason aside from the eduards instruction to stick with it as black?

Hi Stu,

Thanks for your kind comments.

As you see TB752 now is as she was at the end of the war; not during it .......... as far as I can tell the way I have done her is correct for April 1944.......... I will stand corrected if some one can produce a photo :wicked:

Dick

Edited by jenko

Nice one Dick,

You`ve done a wonderful job on a Spitfire which I`d like to represent myself at some point, but post war when they received an outline to the codes and the red/white blue spinners, I`d say that this one is well up there with your best,

Cheers

Tony

"Spitfire TB752 flown by Henry Zary C.O. 403 Squadron,Diepholtz airfield, Germany April 1944."

1945?

Opps...........typing error. :chair:

Thanks once again for all the kind comments and likes.

Tony, (or any one else) when you get around to doing your model let me know and can always get more info for you.

Cheers

Dick

Edited by jenko
  • Like 1

Tony, (or any one else) when you get around to doing your model let me know and can always get more info for you.

Cheers

Dick

Thanks Dick,.....much appreciated and well done again on a lovely model,

Cheers

Tony