X-Wing Miniatures Tantive IV

I have just started to do some preliminary work on my rebel transport ship and I was planning to start a new thread in conjunction with this one.

Since this kit appears to be the only cheap option for most of us, perhaps someone on this website could produce a lighting kit for it. ..hint hint

Its a fairly easy kit to light, it only has 11 engine lights and a cockpit. You could grab those from modeltrainsoftware.com and run them all on one 9v battery. I think I may add a few navigation lights/strobes just to give the ship some visual interest.

Edited by directorcass

As well as model building I am into board and war gaming (total Geekdom). I played a fair bit of X-Wing Miniatures.

People will buy the cards because they have different pilots and equipment. For example, people generally start by buying two base sets which gives them Four Tie Fighters and Two X-Wings plus two sets of dice and manoeuvre templates.

But it does mean that the pilot and equipment cards are also duplicated. But if you buy an X-Wing or Tie Fighter as an expansion then it will come with a different set of pilots and equipment. So players are quite keen to buy the cards on their own because it increases the variety of ways they can play their existing ships. And although the cards may look expensive it is only the third the price of a Tie Fighter which they don't want because they already have four.

Cheers,

Nigel

• Like 1

I'll post some new pics tonight, but I scratch built most of the bridge last night and this morning. Have an idea for a lighted stand up map like this for the bridge as well. Smaller, but same type of thing. If my idea works, I'll share it here.

35lykx5.jpg

• Like 1

While waiting for my LEDs and clear nozzles to arrive I figured I would start on the bridge. It's just a simple design, not based off the prop or the various artists interpritations. Just something I cobled together in a couple hours. Still need to add some more details to the walls. It's getting there.

2vrvrz4.jpg

30cqhkj.jpg

fjnjly.jpg

• Like 2

I like what you're doing with this - would you have pulled it to bits and repainted it if you weren't going to light it? Just curious, as I've always fancied one of these, as I may have already mentioned :)

No, I would not have taken it apart if I went lighting it. And to be honest, the paintjob is not that bad on it. The only bad part is the paint chipping on the red areas is kinda "meh". If you repaint the red and add better weathering and chipping, it would look tons better.

And as far as Blockade Runners go, you don't have many options. You have the Anigrand 1/2256 kit while small is super detailed, if you can find one.

Here is mine.

2nksz78.jpg

j7yb9v.jpg

Then you have this X-Wing Games miniature. It's 13 inches and around $50.

Mine

2m64rk4.jpg

Then you have the 18 inch resin kit from Starship Modeler. It runs $294 and is in and out of stock.

nqpg88.jpg

Then last you have the Randy Cooper kit. It's 27 inches long and clocks in at $400.

33ubndz.jpg

Edited by directorcass