X-Wing Miniatures Tantive IV

Just got this in yesterday. This is the Tantive IV miniature for the X-Wing Miniatures game. It's a pre-built, pre-painted "game piece". It's 13 inches long and very nicely detailed. I'll be breaking it down to e-paint it and light the engines.

2m64rk4.jpg
10si1yv.jpg
2ivmxad.jpg
qwzpyg.jpg
2u9mxxx.jpg
2nsxo3r.jpg
Boarding hatch and front landing gear.
2njc4ko.jpg
Rear landing gear.
2429bo1.jpg

• Like 8

This does look nice! I also think the Raider looks amazing, I know it doesn't have the same "history" since AFAIK it was invented to balance the game but it's a nice ship.

The Armada tabletop wargame from the same company has very nice Star Destroyer models (Imperial, Victory and Gladiator).

Did you buy this for the purpose of re-making it as a display model or do you also play the game? If yes to the last part are you going to use this fully lit up beast on the tabletop?

Anyway I'd love to see what you do with it!

iv got the game n play it with my son quite often. falcon, tie advanced(vaders tie) virago, tie defendrer, tie phantom plus a couple of extra x wings n ties to flesh out the ones with the game. looking forward to some of the new film stuff. ots a great game n loads of fun.

I've got the falcon from this game. I thought it would be tiny, I only got it to sit on my monitor but it's a lot bigger than I thought and really nicely painted/detailed.

I recently got the Millennium Falcon as well and I agree it is nicely painted and detailed. I also have the Outrider YT-2400 which is also an excellent model and is probably painted a little bit better than the Falcon as I find the Falcon is painted a little too dark.

IMG_20160111_094039_738_zpscdvonzbi.jpg

• Like 1

I just got this as a display piece since no proper kit exists. Never played the game, but it does intrigue me. I can see the game getting expensive though with all the ships available. And that is just what I DON'T need is another expensive hobby!!!!

• Like 1

The same for me, never played the game but as you said it does look like fun, I was looking for a model of the Outrider and some members of this forum recommended the X-wing miniatures version. I'm very impressed with the detail of these models!

I have to admit I am tempted with the Blockade Runner after seeing your photo's.

Edited by Viper78

Are these kits made from plastic and where can you buy them

Major, do a google search for x-wing miniatures (insert name of ship), they have dozens of ships available. They are made of plastic, so some of them make for great opportunities to light up.

Edited by Andrew March

Major, do a google search for x-wing miniatures (insert name of ship), they have dozens of ships available. They are made of plastic, so some of them make for great opportunities to light up.

I have done thanks and found a cheap rebel transport ship on eBay which I ordered

Just remember, these are NOT model kits. They are pre-built and pre-painted miniatures for the game X-Wing Miniatures. They are NOT screwed together like a toy, they are glued with an industrial strength glue or cyanoacrylate. To take one of these apart you basically have to "break" it apart. I do not recommend anyone do this if you do not have the skills to fix potential, and likely, damage to your model. Ill post some pictures tonight of what I've done so far.

• Like 2

If you are not going to play the game, people will pay for the cards that come with the models. I've seen them for 50p to £4.00 each on e-bay!

For those who want to see the game played the link below is to an episode from Whil Wheaton's Tabletop series -

If you are not going to play the game, people will pay for the cards that come with the models. I've seen them for 50p to £4.00 each on e-bay!

Are people actually buying cards at those prices or are those the prices people are selling them for on ebay...are people actually buying them?

my Rebel Transporter has arrived, i got it cheap on ebay as the x-wings were missing.

the clam shell sections on the lower hull are actually joined to the lower hull and that in turn is glued into the upper section, is short i would in theory only need to separate the upper and lower hull to add a lighting kit... the down side is that might not be possible due to the small size of the engine housings themselves...to small to hold and LED or even wiring in.

Rebel1_zpsnksnhqce.jpg

Rebel2_zpseh3wzitx.jpg

That's the prices people are asking for cards on e-bay.

If playing in competition games, players must have all of the original cards so paying for cards is cheaper than buying the model(s) they come with.

I managed to get the hull halves apart last night. Holy Crap, that was scary as..... :hypnotised: I'll post some pics tonight. The side engine pods, the ones with the square mounting lugs are being a pain. I can't break them free no matter what!!! :fraidnot:

O.K. here is where it stands. I have split the hull halves. This was a scary process! You need to remove the two round caps on each side of the bridge module first and the ones mid ship as well. The hull sides do not seem to be glued, just male/female lugs inside the hull. As I pried them apart I slid scissors inside and nipped away at the lugs. The engines have been removed and drilled out on each end for lighting. I opened up one nozzle which took about two hours. I wont be doing the rest as I am having clear cast resin replacements being cast as we speak. We also have a quick lighting test with a red LED. They will be yellow when the ship is done. The cockpit window was also opened up for a soon to come scratch built cockpit interior.

From this-

2m64rk4.jpg

To this!

339r6zl.jpg

t4tkx2.jpg

6hpbo3.jpg

20gcv1g.jpg

2ro4wsn.jpg

x3b7us.jpg

• Like 1