Edgar

NPL

Hi,

There is a suggestion on hyperscale that it should be all a/c types :)

So i have forwarded the 'stuff' edgar sent me to the site e mail contact

and will search my hard drive for anything else edgar sent me

hopefully we can all find and send what we have :)

It is a great idea as a memorial

cheers

jerry

• Like 2

Funny, I was only thinking yesterday about Edgar and all the rersearch he carried out on the Spitfire!

Certainly would be a shame for all his time and effort to go to waste.

And there will probably be thousands of mails with an enormous lot of information on these pages. Anybody thinking about doing something?

I don't know about the UK or US, but I'm told that this sort of thing would raise privacy/copyright problems here in Oz unless the Brooks' estate has specifically given permission. The apparent fact that it is not being done as a commercial exercise may be relevant.

I don't know about the UK or US, but I'm told that this sort of thing would raise privacy/copyright problems here in Oz unless the Brooks' estate has specifically given permission. The apparent fact that it is not being done as a commercial exercise may be relevant.

Don't know about special rules, but is a mail published on this site not public domain?

Don't know about special rules, but is a mail published on this site not public domain?

No. Things enter the public domain after the copyright expires, usually 70 years after death of the author.

http://copyrightuser.org/topics/public-domain/

Also potentially relevant are the terms and conditions under which material is posted to this site, which are here:

http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?app=core&module=help&do=01&HID=26

And which assert intellectual property rights as follows:

Intellectual property rights

We are the owner or the licensee of all intellectual property rights in our site, and in the material published on it. Those works are protected by copyright laws and treaties around the world. All such rights are reserved.

You may print off one copy, and may download extracts, of any page(s) from our site for your personal reference and you may draw the attention of others within your organisation to material posted on our site.

You must not modify the paper or digital copies of any materials you have printed off or downloaded in any way, and you must not use any illustrations, photographs, video or audio sequences or any graphics separately from any accompanying text.

Our status (and that of any identified contributors) as the authors of material on our site must always be acknowledged.

You must not use any part of the materials on our site for commercial purposes without obtaining a licence to do so from us or our licensors.

If you print off, copy or download any part of our site in breach of these terms of use, your right to use our site will cease immediately and you must, at our option, return or destroy any copies of the materials you have made.

Yes, exactly what I thought. You cannot publish, say Edgar's many posts here, but nothing prevents Britmodeller for establishing a home page devoted to Edgard's heritage.

• Like 1

Hi

However, those many drawings are from the NA , etc

and will thus turn up in publications when someone else finds and uses them

cheers

jerry

Obviously, but will it be in this century?

Hi

Spitfire the history, provided a lot of info and drawings, must be about what say 15yrs ago or more ?

With the use of digital cameras at the NA, lots will be in circulation more.

If i was in the UK, I would be there at least once a month

retired I would have been there even more

but I now have a pond in my way :)

cheers

jerry

Jerry,

I suppose some of us remember Edgar's many references to Kew, where he could dig into the archives and find the sources for what was being discussed. I am not so sure that all of this is so easily available as you say.

Morgan, Eric B. and Edward Shacklady, Spitfire: The History (Key Publishing Ltd, 1986). So it is about thirty years old, and invaluable. If you want details, I can also recommend Monforton, Paul H., Spitfire Mk.IX & XVI Engineered (Greely, Ontario: Monforton Press, 2007). It is a fantastic book, however rather expensive.