1/48 Academy ROKAF T50-BBlack eagles

If you need a boost then this is the kit to get the enjoyment going again. Academy threw everything at this one. It falls together and has wonderful, perfectly-fitting decals to produce a great looker right out of the box. With careful use of tamiyas white and green glues the only filler needed was around the intakes where they meet the body, around the gun blanking plate, and a bit of thinned white glue around the front of the windscreen to get a nice smooth blend.

Being an airshow plane its always clean and shiney, even in the wheelwells so no problems there. I did do a panel wash but it just didnt look nice over the decals so i removed it. I used aftermarket seats and engine but TBH there is no need unless you are really fussy about your seats. Decals worked best with microset and very very very careful use of microsol here and there.

23609514903_a6cd91b703_k.jpg

24128265842_4d49b5c8be_k.jpg

24153777861_418ce55abf_k.jpg

24236339615_6a9f5fbb3c_k.jpg

24128260012_9ad696df93_k.jpg

23609511563_66a6fee606_k.jpg

24236338665_16ea2dc36f_k.jpg

23609505033_fa46970f75_k.jpg

• Like 26

very nice!

is the nozzle form Aires or Wolfpack-D?

one questions about the Smokewinders (or did you use the missile bodies?), aren't they mounted on missile launchers normally?or am I missing something?

absolute stunning, shiny build!!

Edited by exdraken

very nice!

is the nozzle form Aires or Wolfpack-D?

one questions about the Smokewinders (or did you use the missile bodies?), aren't they mounted on missile launchers normally?or am I missing something?

absolute stunning, shiny build!!

There are two tyes of wingtip "winders" in the box. The one I used is the one the display aircraft use which has a light on the end and a shaped body. There is no launcher as such. There is a small adapter with two tiny nav lights between it and the wingtip. There are drawings of this plane with the wrong tip winder/ rail attached which I assume are for the normal t50 trainer. And yes it's the wolfpack can and seat.

Thanks for looking in !

There are two tyes of wingtip "winders" in the box. The one I used is the one the display aircraft use which has a light on the end and a shaped body. There is no launcher as such. There is a small adapter with two tiny nav lights between it and the wingtip. There are drawings of this plane with the wrong tip winder/ rail attached which I assume are for the normal t50 trainer. And yes it's the wolfpack can and seat.

Thanks for looking in !

oh, now I see! thanks a lot!

thanks fo rthe explanation! (would not have made sense to have smokewinders when you already have a on-board smoke system installed with pipes running along the nozzle....)

and the smokewinders are used on some protoype versions for display...

:) :)

Hello,Noeyedears - My compliments to you on a beautiful looking build of your 'Black Eagles T-50'.I love the quality and detail of the paint and finishing work.I was fortunate enough to see this Display Team at Waddington Air Show and your tribute has brought back happy memories of that event.In my eyes,they epitomised perfection.So does your model.All the best,Paul.

• Like 1

Holy mother of god!!

That is absolutely outstanding. I remember seeing the real version at Waddington in 2013 or 14.

You've done an absolute superb job on this model.

Many thanks for looking in everyone, glad you like it and am looking forward to seeing those of you who have this kit doing yours.