A Trio of P47;s

Hi all,started the decaling thankfully all bar the codes and Indian head are Revell,s(when did you ever think you'd say that) as suspected the Academy

ones are awful I know a couple of these are being built here so be very careful with the decals they are brittle and less flexible than an iron bar!

Anyway as I said Revell decals going on beautifully the fuselage star and bar is a three piece affair and in the second photo you can see the drastic

cutting to get the decal on,no major problem as I will hand paint the white area as it should be.Thank's for popping in.

DSCN0716%20640x480_zpsvrrzlrwu.jpg

DSCN0718%20640x480_zpsyuozdy7u.jpg

Oop's sorry folk's forgot to mention I did gloss the airframe for decalling and if anyone does this scheme cut the head in two

where the cowl ends it need,s to be done.

Edited by stevej60
  • Like 10

That does look excellent Steve! Most impressive - the decals seem to be co-operating rather well! :thumbsup:

Thank,s Stix,the Revell decal's are superb finished decalling the rest this morning might get an update later just about to start the canopy

(after the housework!!)

• Like 1

Hi all,well all the decals are now on and I,m putting the finishing touches to the canopy a wash has been added to the panels just to bring out

a little detail so I hope to finish her today heres the last update before the gallery.

DSCN0716%20640x480_zpscwwngjmh.jpg

DSCN0717%20640x480_zpsmzyliyra.jpg

• Like 8

Hi all, Finished and about to put in the gallery,thank's for all the support and interest it,s been a great start to the GB year,I,m off over to the Hurricane

and Corsair GB and a step up to 1/48 scale now but will be following your builds here too one last shot of the trio(and I,m not ruling another 1/72 build

out)if I come across a cheap Razorback I definitely will!

DSCN0755%20640x480_zpsf5xgretb.jpg

Edited by stevej60
  • Like 8

Steve,

Next time I shall send my models to you for NMF, my attempt went sadly wrong! You have the quality of finish I was expecting to achieve. I shall live with it as, at one point, I came close to binning the model and ordering a replacement. However, it isn't a critical model for me so I shall put it down to experience.

I followed the Alclad videos but I guess I need to pay more attention.

Steve,

Next time I shall send my models to you for NMF, my attempt went sadly wrong! You have the quality of finish I was expecting to achieve. I shall live with it as, at one point, I came close to binning the model and ordering a replacement. However, it isn't a critical model for me so I shall put it down to experience.

I followed the Alclad videos but I guess I need to pay more attention.

There are some superb builds out there with Alclad which does give a much more realistic finish keep at it I,m sure it will come together.

Nicely finished Steve, before i could even cut one piece of the sprues, you finished 3 of the bolts... and very nicely, great job Steve :) cheers

Thank's Wolwe now I can sit back and watch everyone else having fun!

• Like 1

well Steve they are a trio of fine looking models you've done, I especially like the NMF one!

It was a real pleasure to have you along one this GB and don't forget there is still plenty of time to build a few more!