A Trio of P47;s

Morning folks,think I,ll call this one done here,s a taster I will do some decent shot's when the light is better which up here could be July! the RAF

machine is also done so if I do get the light I will put in the gallery ASAP.Thank's for your interest,next one up the NMF "Ball's out"

DSCN0613%20640x480_zpspysmlsu6.jpg

• Like 8

Hi folk,s no good putting it off any longer time for the one I,ve the least confidence with as my silver finishes can be hit or miss,here's the main parts

off the sprue and cleaned up,no flash at all on any part,s unlike the Revell kit's however not as finely detailed either and what's going on with that wheel?

probably get a bit interior paint on today at some stage and all being well this one will carry the "Balls out" scheme using Revell's decals.

DSCN0683%20640x480_zpsemjulsly.jpg

DSCN0687%20640x480_zps1ogxwlly.jpg

• Like 6

Good to see you're about to get this one underway. I'm not certain about the metal finish I've got to do on mine either - I feel a few experiments are going to be needed. And that wheel definitely isn't in a good state! :popcorn:

Edited by PlaStix
  • Like 1

Good to see you're about to get this one underway. I'm not certain about the metal finish I've got to do on mine either - I feel a few experiments are going to be needed. And that wheel definitely isn't in a good state! :popcorn:

I,m trying Vallejo's new metalic,s Stix early test pieces show good result's but I,m not the most patient sprayer and they really need to be misted

on so need care when applying.

• Like 1

I,m trying Vallejo's new metalic,s Stix early test pieces show good result's but I,m not the most patient sprayer and they really need to be misted

on so need care when applying.

I can highly recommend them Steve, I've just used their aluminium on my two P-47's and I am really impressed. Decide beforehand what finish you want, if you want a well weathered look use either matt or semi gloss black as an undercoat but if you want something a little shinier then you need to use gloss black.

I look forward to seeing your results.

Craig.

• Like 1

I can highly recommend them Steve, I've just used their aluminium on my two P-47's and I am really impressed. Decide beforehand what finish you want, if you want a well weathered look use either matt or semi gloss black as an undercoat but if you want something a little shinier then you need to use gloss black.

I look forward to seeing your results.

Craig.

Thank's Craig I,ve got their Gloss black primer which I will use on this one.

will be looking forward with interest on how you go as I've just bought a bottle of their Semi-Gloss Aluminium.

WOW strange mice you have in your part of the world!!

Thank's Rich,I have bright aluminium and silver to try on this one,the dull aluminium I used on my Siskin and Hurricane and looks great for doped area's.

Morning folks,sadly it's back to work after a long weekend off but got a bit more done last night and this morning,after noting the colour conversation's

about the interior I,ve gone a shade darker added harness from masking tape and dry brushed the detail's,she's all glued up now wing's and tails on

drying till tomorrow,thanks for popping in.

DSCN0694%20640x480_zpsqzls8403.jpg

DSCN0696%20640x480_zpsixppayhq.jpg

• Like 6