A Trio of P47;s

Hi folk,s I did,nt intend to take part in this one not that I don't love the P47 mind,I was in my LMS and as he still has 40% off

Revell I thought why not so decided on two in a nice small scale,Not decided on both scheme's I got a bottle of Vallejo's new

metal effect paint to try on the Siskin on the made in Britain GB if all end,s well I may do one in NMF,one will be a French machine.

107126-11185%20640x473_zps2kgdim4n.jpg

176231-11185-92%20640x463_zpsnipd8mok.jp

Edited by stevej60
  • Like 10

Ah, Bonhomme Thunderbolts. Be aware that the decal instructions for the French one don't mention much in the way of stencilling. Not sure if the US version applies to the French or they were painted over in service. Maybe someone can enlighten me. Also the yellow wing stripes are probably best painted as opposed to the decals

• Like 1

Hi Steve, well aboard with a love pair of Jugs.....this is going to get so old by the end of this GB....I promise you're the last for this pun!

It's nice to see a couple of Revell P-47's in the build, I'm not sure what they're like so I'll be interested to see the build progress. Look forward to seeing the scheme you choose.

Well good luck with both of them and I look froward to seeing them in the gallery.

• Like 1

Thank,s Rich I,ve just had a half hour cleaning up the cockpit parts ,quality is similar to Academies offerings but the flash in some areas

would,nt look out of place in a seventies Revell kit mainly around said parts,main pieces are flash free.

Hi Steve,

Great choices and the schemes on the box art are really nice. Let us know your decision on schemes.

Good luck with your builds!

Cheers

Jaime

• Like 1

Cheers Steve, i ll watch your build :) I have exactly these two kits prepared for this GB (though i ll pick just one), so i ll watch your progress and try to learn about the kit from you :) cant wait to see your result

• Like 1

Cheers Steve, i ll watch your build :) I have exactly these two kits prepared for this GB (though i ll pick just one), so i ll watch your progress and try to learn about the kit from you :) cant wait to see your result

Thank's Wolwe though I think it should be me learning from you! It will be my usual fare I,m afraid although I have to confess a couple of years ago I

nearly Completed "Ball's out" but fell at the last hurdle so I know the kit build's well.

Edited by stevej60
  • Like 1

I believe we all can learn from each other Steve :) someone can do this, someone this, another one can do another thing - there is always something to learn from others :) and you have improved your skills by a lot if i may say over last two years (thats cca how long i m at BM), so be sure i can learn from you as well :) and you can make quick, clean and nice builds, thats even more great :)

• Like 1

Hi Steve,

the circus is back on the road, I see, and with TWO P-47!!!! Things are getting better and better!!!

Balls out has always been a kit I have been on the lookout for, so if it were up to me, I'd do it!!!

Re a French jug, forget about the stencils!Just make sure you put a beret negligently lying on the seat and a baguette, bottle of wine and sausage on the wing! Who needs stencils!

Have a lot of fun!!!

JR

• Like 1

Hi Steve,

the circus is back on the road, I see, and with TWO P-47!!!! Things are getting better and better!!!

Balls out has always been a kit I have been on the lookout for, so if it were up to me, I'd do it!!!

Re a French jug, forget about the stencils!Just make sure you put a beret negligently lying on the seat and a baguette, bottle of wine and sausage on the wing! Who needs stencils!

Have a lot of fun!!!

JR

Thank,s Jean,It,s a plain scheme but the French marking's suit the Thunderbolt.

• Like 1

Hi all,off we go! Both cockpit's are identical as are the fuselage sections so here,s this morning's work.due to what I,ve read on Stix,s thread a darker

green was the norm on P47 interior,s so with a touch of navy blue I,ve darkened some olive green,dry brushed and detailed to give them my usual

busy look couple of harness decals were also added and the seats are now matt coated now they,ve settled.Oh and in my usual over the top fashion

I have an Academy kit on the way which will join these two probably to be an RAF machine in SEAC colour's,hell I may even repeat last year,s P40 four ship build!

DSCN0530%20640x480_zpsqnrfi18k.jpg

DSCN0532%20640x480_zpsgkfob38j.jpg

DSCN0544%20640x414_zpscocxc9ho.jpg

DSCN0529%20640x480_zpsigjr1h5k.jpg

Edited by stevej60
  • Like 9

Hi all,off we go! Both cockpit's are identical as are the fuselage sections so here,s this morning's work.due to what I,ve read on Stix,s thread a darker

green was the norm on P47 interior,s so with a touch of navy blue I,ve darkened some olive green,dry brushed and detailed to give them my usual

busy look couple of harness decals were also added and the seats are now matt coated now they,ve settled.Oh and in my usual over the top fashion

I have an Academy kit on the way which will join these two probably to be an RAF machine in SEAC colour's,hell I may even repeat last year,s P40 four ship build!

A very nice start you have made, I do like the detailing you've done in the cockpit, you have to check twice to make sure it isn't a 1/48th scale model were looking at.

4 machines.....now that would be nice to see.....no pressure though! :)

French, did someone say French?

Watching with interest :popcorn:

Good start BTW :)

Didn't you mention at some point that you were going to build one?
  • Like 1

Hi Steve!

Great work on the cockpits! The level of detail and the paint finish is superb, congrats :goodjob:

I've taken good notice of the on-going debate about the cockpit colours and will settle myself for dull dark green (FS 34092 as in Gunze's H302). I may paint the floor Interior Green (Gunze's H58), as seen in the picture of a faithfully restored P-47N that was posted in one of the on-going builds.

Cheers

Jaime

• Like 1

Hi Steve. As the others have said the cockpits do look very good! :goodjob:

Can I ask how the IP is done? - it looks very good for 1/72 - is it a decal or have you got a small hairy stick out?

Kind regards,

Stix

Hi Steve

Just a word of warning if you use super glue and an accelerator - for Gods sake, do what you're supposed to do and test it somewhere inconspicuous first!

My attempt at 'Balls Out' has just gone in the bin after an horrific reaction between accelerator and plastic, which has not happened on any other of the newer kits (modern plastic?) that I've built over the last 6 or 8 months.

Never mind - its all part of 'life's rich tapestry'

Cheers

Craig

• Like 1

Hi Steve. As the others have said the cockpits do look very good! :goodjob:

Can I ask how the IP is done? - it looks very good for 1/72 - is it a decal or have you got a small hairy stick out?

Kind regards,

Stix

Thank,s Stix,just painted black and a dry brush to bring out the detail,then a cocktail stick to pick out the dials etc,.

• Like 4