Panther D 1/35 Zvezda

McMaster

Here's what I got for my birthday from my best mate (well I got more stuff non related to modelling):

Q:"Don't you do only aircraft?"

A: "No,I don't".

However I will not start working on it till my AB arrives and till I finish the Phantom.And taking in consideration that school is starting in a few days :puke: that will take a while :confused: .

IMG_4782_zpsbonwzkoq.jpg

• Like 1

McMaster, on 08 Jan 2016 - 1:59 PM, said:

OK scratch the last sentence I wrote up there.I started doing some sub assemblies which I will paint when the AB arrives.

IMG_4791_zpsphi3qrkq.jpg

IMG_4794_zpsbtnqdr4r.jpg

IMG_4792_zpsdvorosc1.jpg

d04cd63e-7de7-46e2-992d-fc015646d054_zps

IMG_4797_zpsn6ohvd0n.jpg

That will be it for a while :)

NIce progres for now, i'm watching, cheers

• Like 1

Allright I decided to do as much as I can before the AB gets here,and I was thinking weather its a good idea to let this be my first AB build,I'm thinking of rather getting a cheap 1/72 on which I will practice.Nevertheless here are the pictures :winkgrin:

(The Zimmerit which I made look destroyed is made with putty and the "rough" cast texture on the mantlet is made with MrSurfacer 500)

IMG_4826_zpst3tu1let.jpg

IMG_4814_zpsyterxl2t.jpg

IMG_4818_zpsf88k8lvh.jpg

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The chipping on the corners of the tank looks great, how did you do it?

Thanks :D I painted it on with a small brush and silver paint.Using the "shaky hand technique" (pretty much what it says,try to shake your hand a little while applying the paint,makes it look more realistic.(I know it sounds retarded but hell,it worked for me :P) and also,I used very small amounts of paint.

• 4 weeks later...