1/1000 Cosmo Fleet ships - Done!

That's a nice idea about hiding in the solar system. I reckon they just went for "pretty" and couldn't use greens because they wanted the Nazi splinter schemes on the Gamilas ships :P

I have decalled the two warships, just a handful of decals since I don't have any suitably tiny stencils (and they aren't really a warship thing in any case)

23994379343_02f9b7eb24_b.jpg

23993052344_34a56f37dd_b.jpg

The hull numbers are from the Bandai sheet, but I didn't like the campy UN anchor logos or the Hiragana (?) names so I opted for some Kanji from a sheet I bought in a sale last year. I think they're from Fujimi and intended for Samurai banners.

If I've got the instructions right, the cruiser says "Loyal" and the destroyer "Ambition". But it could say "baka gaijin" for all I know.

Some washes and a flat coat and they're just about done. I need to make some better stands, or most likely replace the naff fins with rods and use the same bases.

Cheers,

Will

• Like 3

If I've got the instructions right, the cruiser says "Loyal" and the destroyer "Ambition". But it could say "baka gaijin" for all I know.

LOL... could be worse... least there's no "hentai" or "ecchi" in it... :P I can assure you that "baka" isn't in there :P

Really liking these ships more and more, might have to look into getting some of these, I blame my latest foray into Firestorm Armada. I assume you are going to paint the deck and windows (ports?) Will?

Kind Regards,

Dazz

I hadn't forgotten the windows, just tried to because I knew how much of a fiddle it would be... I procrastinated this morning but had a good session this afternoon to get these passable for club night:

24016839963_f29e600cae_b.jpg

24015500094_89e9bfeacf_b.jpg

They've had some enamel washes (no ill effects to report, FWIW I used MIG washes and Tamiya enamel thinner) and then I painted the windows and a few other details with acrylics, touched up the frames and overcoated everything with Klear Cote Flat.

The stands are brass tube in the kit bases - I removed the pins that hold the ugly "fins" into the base and used those to fill in the hole. Then cleaned up the surface with superglue and drilled a new hole for the tube. I need to sand them back and repaint though.

Still need to paint and fit the destroyer's missiles, weather the metal parts, and clean up the dust - the varnish and/or the washes have a tendency to pick up dust since they stay very slightly tacky for a while. I cleaned up a bit with masking tape and Blu-Tak for the photos but there's obviously some left as you can see.

Still, I might finish a model I started in January, in January, which would be an improvement on last year :)

Cheers,

Will

• Like 2

Thanks! I had rather a disappointing session last night trying to sort out the stands and the missile/tanks for the destroyer - kept dropping things or generally messing them up. I do now have the little plate that closes the hole under the cruiser painted up and clipped in place, but sadly I didn't quite get them done in January!

Will sort out the paint on the stands (again!) at lunch hopefully.

Cheers,

Will

• Like 1

I finished them off - even managed to get the tanks/missiles onto the destroyer. I don't have any RFI pictures yet because I was messing around painting the background for this:

24631736262_d387c75429_b.jpg

(Click for bigger)

Will get the other pics up tomorrow!

Cheers,

Will

• Like 6

Those look incredible. And I love the colors. Using the deeper red as a camouflage color because of the look of the Earth was a great choice! And that composite pic is just great. That's going into the desktop folder!!

Edited by Thom216
  • Like 1

Thanks! I didn't pick the deep red for any reason other than it was pretty, but Misrule cunningly ret-conned my colour choices :)

I forgot to add that these are now in RFI with a few more pics:

http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/234996725-un-space-cruiser-and-space-assault-destroyer/

Cheers,

Will

• Like 1