ICM 1/48 MiG-25RBT

Stephen

This is good news!  I did write to Revell, to my old contacts about the blue v. black decal question with no answer but it seems that they did learn from the mistakes of the ICM kit and made the change after all. At the begining of the year at a toy fair they had a built kit on show at the Revell stand and it still had the blue stencils. I was hoping that it was only because the new Revell decals were not ready at the time and they simply used ICM ones.

I see they also did the instrument panel with all the dials. What do you do? Assemble the original ICM panel with the transparent parts sliding in from behind and put the decal onto it?

One thing is that they only provide grey patches where once the squadron and wing badges were on the aircraft. The patches represent a later configration when the badges were sprayed over with grey. It would have been a nice alternative to give the badges too and so you could build the kit representing two different periods of its service life. But I know I am asking too much.:D

As to any "out of box" decals for the early versions. I dont have the 48th scale Begemot decal so could not comment on this, but if I remeber right Kotey provided some early R or RB versions serving in Egypt. Hope he drops in on this question.

All in all this is a great news for ICM, the plastic is produced by them and it should sell well even if not under they own name. This is good for business (money in the cash if this time from Revell) and hopefully it will mean that ICM will produce other versions too and make corrections as they go along. :yahoo:

Best regards

Gabor

P.s. Yes, you can play around with decals from different kits and make an early version, that would be a solution too. Under "out of box" I meant an aftermarket decal sheet with everything in it to make an early bird.

Edited by ya-gabor
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, ya-gabor said:

P.s. Yes, you can play around with decals from different kits and make an early version, that would be a solution too. Under "out of box" I meant an aftermarket decal sheet with everything in it to make an early bird.

Yeah I may just do this - Build my ICM kit out of the box as an early one, with its blue stencils. I will perhaps just make up a fictitious bort number from my spare decals 👍🏿

Modelhobbies still have six of them available for £39.44 apiece including shipping, via the widely known tinterweb buy-it-now shopping facility. 

Received mine today. Unnecessarily large box but I guess Revell have standard sizes and it is top opening. The nasal and decal improvements are a big plus. Really chuffed.

Probably excessive getting the ICM RB version later this year (for three kits) but it's the best Foxbat kit out there. Would be nice to see a PD/PDS interceptor version one day. Wonder if this ICM/Revell double barrage has knocked the wind out of any AMK offering (?) 

Would love to see ICM and Revell do an accurate Su-15TM Flagon.

tony 

8 hours ago, tony.t said:

Wonder if this ICM/Revell double barrage has knocked the wind out of any AMK offering (?) 

tony 

They are still struggling with the Tomcat which is a never ending saga for them. Was it a year ago when the release was already at any moment . . .   They had a lot of different new kits proposed last year but they never materialized.

So don’t hold your breath for a MiG-25 from them.

Best regards

Gabor

• 1 month later...

CWS MiG-25RBF conversion set - ref. CWS48007

Source: http://www.coldwarstudio.com/MiG-25 RBF nose 48 scale.html

Cold War Studio
This resin set converts the ICM and Revell MiG-25 RBT kit in 1/48 scale to a MiG-25 RBF.
The set includes masks and instrument panel dials as they are missing from the ICM kit.

20170717_160857.jpg

V.P.

Edited by Homebee
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Those Amigo Models exhausts look amazing, and considering the size of the holes in the back end of the MiG-25, I will just have to get a set. Looking at their site they have some lovely Su-35 exhausts too. Shame that I don’t understand Russian! 

Don't suppose they have a western european retailer do they?

Cheers 

Les

7 hours ago, Scooby said:

I didn't realize the Revell kit was the ICM kit. Wow, the local shop has it for peanuts and I have been passing it up thinking it was the old Revell tooling.

Peanuts? Have not found it for less than 98-100 AUD$.

Unfortunately, this is not peanuts for me :-(

• 1 month later...

Guys, I have received the Amigo exhausts for this kit (pictures further up the thread)

All I can say is that while I did have to wait for the Hungarian post to deliver them, wow are they worth it! The pictures don't really do the parts justice, they are flawlessly printed and the level of detail is incredible - the rear of the turbine blades on the last stage before the afterburner flame holder are incredibly well moulded, and the flame holder itself will be a work of art once the inevitable pour stubs are removed. Dare I say they even make the venerable Eduard quality look second class..?!

Based on this, I really hope Amigo expand their range beyond the Russian stuff, the thought of a turkey-featherless F-15 exhaust produced by these guys makes my mouth water!

Cheers

Les

• Like 1

On 26/02/2018 at 5:03 AM, Scooby said:

I didn't realize the Revell kit was the ICM kit. Wow, the local shop has it for peanuts and I have been passing it up thinking it was the old Revell tooling.

Wonderland have it on sale offer at £24.99!! Guess I will be getting couple of these!😁

Allan 

Edited by Albeback52
  • Thanks 1

On 3/27/2018 at 6:21 AM, lesthegringo said:

Guys, I have received the Amigo exhausts for this kit (pictures further up the thread)

All I can say is that while I did have to wait for the Hungarian post to deliver them, wow are they worth it! The pictures don't really do the parts justice, they are flawlessly printed and the level of detail is incredible - the rear of the turbine blades on the last stage before the afterburner flame holder are incredibly well moulded, and the flame holder itself will be a work of art once the inevitable pour stubs are removed. Dare I say they even make the venerable Eduard quality look second class..?!

Based on this, I really hope Amigo expand their range beyond the Russian stuff, the thought of a turkey-featherless F-15 exhaust produced by these guys makes my mouth water!

Cheers

Les

I second that - got the Amigo set a couple of weeks ago (very fast shipping) and was mightily impressed by the detail and surface quality. It looks like little has been done to the 3D printed masters in terms of filling and sanding as otherwise all that intricate detail wouldn't be there anymore. Whatever machine they are using for printing, it's definitely at the pinnacle of state-of-the-art, I haven't seen curved surfaces printed this smoothly.

Now I only hope the fit is as good as the looks.

Jeffrey

• 1 month later...
2 hours ago, tony.t said:

MiG-25RBT and -25PD bought already - do I add a -25RBF too?  Yes! 

Tony, waving money in the air for this ICM Foxbat and the Kitty Hawk Voodoos.

I'm in exactly the same quandary, but that camo scheme on the box art does it for me!! They'll look nice all lined up beside each other.

• 4 weeks later...