ICM 1/48 MiG-25RBT

Stephen

On ‎24‎/‎10‎/‎2016 at 13:51, Laurent said:

I was hoping ICM would have posted sprue pics. 

Just a matter of days or within a month, I suppose. Patience you must have... ;)

Also announced at the LHS for - incl. tax - € 56.95

https://www.aviationmegastore.com/mikoyan-mig-25rbt-foxbat-icm48901-icm-icm48901-aircraft-scale-modelling/product/?action=prodinfo&art=140649

V.P.

Edited by Homebee

Master pitot tubes

Source: https://www.facebook.com/MASTERbarrels/photos/?tab=album&album_id=1173648026049883

Next interesting news! MiG-25 Pitot Tubes! Please notice that we have prepared two separate sets for MiG-25. Please notice that MiG-25P/PD version has "smooth" Pitot Tube without characteristic vanes on it. So if you build 1:48 Kitty Hawk Mig-25P/PD you should use "smooth" Pitot Tube. Please see reference pictures. Sets will be released in two available scales 1:72 and 1:48.

14883693_1173648146049871_31390058028329

14900605_1173648109383208_35177257332728

V.P.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

cool!

I pre-ordered one .... first time I have ever done this!

looking forward to having it in my hands! and maybe start it immediately?? :)

Edited by exdraken

Thanks for the update Homebee.

Have one on pre-order and am very much looking forward to building it (and seeing what the AM peeps do with this kit, and how quickly). 

See-through camera apertures and some optical devices on a pallet - to detail-up part C18, the RBT photo tray - would be great, as would nose options for the Elint and SLAR versions, some with the curious mottled camouflage, although these might feature in a subsequent ICM edition?  

Will be buying the deluxe AMK versions of this venerable steel machine but the ICM offering looks to be more than just a decent Yuletide stocking filler.

Tony

Look forward to hold one of these in my hands. Looks good. The MiG-25 is a big plane but it is not as complicated (detail wise) as many modern fighters, so the brake-down looks OK to me. The engine exhaust are good, like the brake down but we will see how it works during assembly. The pitot is an interesting solution to an age old question of how to reproduce the complex shape with all those small antennas on it by using classical injection moulding.

I would think it will be a good base for further versions of the recon/bomber versions  with just new nose sections.

As to a fighter version MiG-25P, PD, PDS of it from ICM? It would need a major redesign of the kit with new wings, new noses (different ones for P and for PD/PDS), new undercarriage doors, new engine exhaust, new top for the intake top . . . and lots more differences.

Best regards

Gabor

There are lucky ones who already have the kit in Moscow! Here are few first photos from “Aviament” who has purchased it one or two days ago.

Photos are here

http://scalemodels.ru/modules/forum/viewtopic_t_67096_start_80.html

The surface details look nice based on the photos but of course will have to look at it in person. I am sure he will post some more, people are asking him to take pictures of this or that detail.

The wheels have engraved lines and reversed radial lines for the rubber mould lines. They look convincing.

Best regards

Gabor

On 07/12/2016 at 6:28 PM, ya-gabor said:

Look forward to hold one of these in my hands. Looks good. The MiG-25 is a big plane but it is not as complicated (detail wise) as many modern fighters, so the brake-down looks OK to me. The engine exhaust are good, like the brake down but we will see how it works during assembly. The pitot is an interesting solution to an age old question of how to reproduce the complex shape with all those small antennas on it by using classical injection moulding.

I would think it will be a good base for further versions of the recon/bomber versions  with just new nose sections.

As to a fighter version MiG-25P, PD, PDS of it from ICM? It would need a major redesign of the kit with new wings, new noses (different ones for P and for PD/PDS), new undercarriage doors, new engine exhaust, new top for the intake top . . . and lots more differences.

Best regards

Gabor

Surely they'll do those as well?   I would think they've tooled it to do as many versions as possible.   

Note that *most* of the bomber-specific parts are separate, so theoretically they could swap out the nose/engines/tail stinger/intake tops with one new sprue, and include a different set of wings for the interceptor.  In a way, it seems more likely than a BM or different RB-types, since those would each require *extra* noses, since their breakdown of the RBT nose makes it tough to do some other types.  Maybe they'll just leave it up to the aftermarket?