ICM 1/48 MiG-25RBT

Stephen

A new tool 1/48th MiG-25RBT "Foxbat-B" by ICM for Q3 2016 - ref.48901

The RBs, the most interesting variants in my opinion.

Waouw!! Thanks for the info Stephen.

:analintruder::thumbsup::analintruder::thumbsup::analintruder::thumbsup:

V.P.

Edited by Homebee

That’s interesting. Yet another manufacturer doing the same kit that we announced last year....

I wonder if they’re using the same aircraft as we are too?

:hmmm:

Keep the same quality of tooling as your MiG-31, or indeed any of your other releases, and I very much doubt there will be much competition.

• Like 5

Funny though. After many years with no decent Mig-25, suddenly 3 of them!

I think some business information has not been kept very confidential!

Not bad to our end, but not fair for these that have this as their business, waiting to make a leaving.

• Like 1

Yes agreed. However, we posted this information last year so we have been upfront about it.

Perhaps others are trying to stifle the competition? Would be nice to think that we feature in their bored (spelling intentional) meeting :P

Anyway, we will just concentrate on getting ours done to an equal or better standard than the MiG-31s.

• Like 6

Well it's potentially great news for us modellers at least. Looks like other companies (other than AMK and er Kittyhawk) have finally realised the Foxbat might be a seller.

Which is strange seeing as it's such a well known famous aircraft.

Funny though. After many years with no decent Mig-25, suddenly 3 of them!

I think some business information has not been kept very confidential!

Not bad to our end, but not fair for these that have this as their business, waiting to make a leaving.

3? I take it you're including Kittyhawk in there?

However, we posted this information last year so we have been upfront about it.

Martin,

1) I believe you've said in several topics of several forums that you wouldn't post on other manufacturers projects right ?

2) You know how long it takes to design and tool a kit; it's not impossible that ICM has started working on the kit before AMK has announced anything and anyway...

3) ... it doesn't matter. Model kit manufacturers decide themselves how they do things. No manufacturer is a market maker. Not AMK, not Kitty Hawk, not Trumpeter, not Hobby Boss, not Kinetic, not Eduard, not Airfix, not Meng, not Revell, No one. Each manage their business the way they want. They don't have to cancel their project because AMK has announced something. Are suggesting they have to ? That they have to face the consequences in standing on AMK's path ?

One of the element of your communication is polarization. Maintaining some kind of Cold War. "Us vs Them" kind of speech. I don't like it. What matters to me is what companies do, not what they say.

• Like 3

ICM has every right to tool anything they want, in fact MiG-25 was on their to do list long before KH and AMK, with host of preserved airframes in Ukraine I have no doubt they will do great job.

As for AMK, as mentioned If they continue with quality found in MiG-31 they have no reason to be worried about ICM.

It will definitely be simpler model than AMK and I have no doubt that many will buy both.

• Like 1

Martin,

1) I believe you've said in several topics of several forums that you wouldn't post on other manufacturers projects right ?

2) You know how long it takes to design and tool a kit; it's not impossible that ICM has started working on the kit before AMK has announced anything and anyway...

3) ... it doesn't matter. Model kit manufacturers decide themselves how they do things. No manufacturer is a market maker. Not AMK, not Kitty Hawk, not Trumpeter, not Hobby Boss, not Kinetic, not Eduard, not Airfix, not Meng, not Revell, No one. Each manage their business the way they want. They don't have to cancel their project because AMK has announced something. Are suggesting they have to ? That they have to face the consequences in standing on AMK's path ?

One of the element of your communication is polarization. Maintaining some kind of Cold War. "Us vs Them" kind of speech. I don't like it. What matters to me is what companies do, not what they say.

I don't think that Martin or any other suggested that once a company releases a subject is a no-go for the others.

In reality it all depends on quality and price (and how much you have in your pocket too).

On the other hand, scale modeling business is no business paradise. It is just like any other business.

What and when to release is not only a matter of developing models, but also a matter of policies.

Anyway, as another friend suggested, I will be buying both, just because I enjoy opening boxes and comparing (one of the best parts in our hobby).

Cheers :-)

Edited by DIO
  • Like 3

That's the thing. I bet most people will buy both anyway to compare them. I've done it before on quite a few occasions and there's always scope for different colour schemes.

Also parts layout may make it easier for the resin guys to make the non-kitted variants. Always had a soft spot for the two seater myself.

Laurent you have misunderstood me totally. Sorry about that and why the hostility?

As ICM don’t visit BM I didn’t expect that they or anyone else would mind. Why is that you do?

If ICM were posting here or anywhere else then I certainly would not be commenting on their threads. In any case, ICM did not start this thread and I am sure they have no issue (by virtuosity that they are not present). My comments were accompanied by the requisite emoticon meaning it was said in jest.

In the same vein, I have not mentioned anywhere that ICM or anyone needs to cancel their project. Again, totally misunderstood (or misrepresented) and perhaps for a reason? It is not for me to say but for others to be up front to the forums readers.

In the end the public will decide and that, Laurent, is the way it should be.

If all was fair and correct Laurent, you wouldn’t be posting on any AMK threads and yet I have not picked you up on it.

Please don’t worry about a response. I have said all I will say on the matter and I am pretty sure the good folks here at BM don’t want dirty laundry aired here. Have a lovely evening and a nice weekend. :)

Edited by Martin @ AMK Hobby
  • Like 10

Martin,

To back you up on this I have had my differences with our "friend" too. The impression I constantly get and which becomes more and more clear to me is that there are a few members which are only active here at the rumourmonger to provoke discussions and quite frankly, I do not see the point. In a lot of cases this always ends in pointless discussion which is constanly quoted and defended in irritating ways. This to me is just trolling in a very sanctimonious way. .

Maybe it's just for the best if we do not let us be drawn into the discussion these people are trying to provoke..

Martin, I can only applaude the way you (pro)actively move around this forum and inform, share and best of all, ask for information if needed. Keep up the good work.

Two thumbs up!

Reg. Jeroen

• Like 7

Hello Martin,

I’d like to reply to your original non-edited post (17:08, UK time). Topic update email notification provides this kind of information.

Laurent you have misunderstood me totally. Sorry about that.

You have nothing to be sorry about. The problem with communication is that the receiver of a message may not understand it the way it was intended to be understood by the emitter. That’s just the way it is.

As ICM don’t visit BM I didn’t expect that they or anyone else would mind. Why is that you do?

How do you know ICM representatives do not take in consideration posts on BM forums ? Because they don't post ? They should ?
And why do I mind ? I’m an engineer working in a company that has a Communication department, a Marketing department and a Sales department. As you may know it is very frequent for engineers to take the words of these departments with a pinch a salt. Or a whole box of it. I tend to look for incoherences (action vs intention, etc).

My comments were accompanied by the requisite emoticon meaning it was said in jest.

Sometimes I feel there’s a contradiction between a text and the emoticon that follows it.

In the same vein, I have not mentioned anywhere that ICM or anyone needs to cancel their project. Again, totally misunderstood (or misrepresented) and perhaps for a reason?

It’s not Martin who posted but Martin @ AMK Hobby. It makes a difference. A big one.

It is not for me to say but for others to be up front to the forums readers.

Yet you’re doing it still do we have to be told ? You think we need to be educated ?

I fully agree and I seem to have found this out by myself. By accident obviously.

If all was fair and correct Laurent, you wouldn’t be posting on any AMK heads and yet I have not picked you up on it.

Oh I’m grateful yet I don’t manage a company’s communication in forums. I’m a low key person, I can inform but I can't promote. I believe that people can assess themselves if the company is of the "moral high grounds" kind or not. This is the kind of expression I’ve never seen posted by the representative of a model kit producing company. Polarizing speech. Never seen this.

• Like 1

Jeroen I cannot see how Laurent behaviour is in any way contrary to forum rules ( at least on this topic), if any manufacturer uses forum( more should do so ) for promotion of their Products than they need to expect not only compliments.but also negative criticism ( sometimes more or less deserved )

If anything if one re-reads Martin AMK comments one will find at least one response that is inappropriate, and that one does show that initial reaction to his post was valid.

• Like 2

Martin's unedited full post

Laurent you have misunderstood me totally. Sorry about that.

If ICM were posting here or anywhere else then I certainly would not be commenting on their threads. In any case, ICM did not start this thread and I am sure they have no issue. My comments were accompanied by the requisite emoticon meaning it was said in jest.

In the same vein, I have not mentioned anywhere that ICM or anyone needs to cancel their project. Again, totally misunderstood (or misrepresented) and perhaps for a reason? It is not for me to say but for others to be up front to the forums readers.

If all was fair and correct Laurent, you wouldn’t be posting on any AMK heads and yet I have not picked you up on it.

Have a good evening.

Edited by Laurent