Jump to content
This site uses cookies! Learn More

This site uses cookies!

You can find a list of those cookies here: mysite.com/cookies

By continuing to use this site, you agree to allow us to store cookies on your computer. :)

Alan P

1/48 Monogram B-29 as RAF Washington B.1 *Finished!*

Recommended Posts

Update - I'm slowly rebuilding the photos on this thread as it turned out to be so useful as a build reference.

 

Hopefully will be able to do the same for many of my other threads as well.

 

Alan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Another victim of the Photobucket ( or should  I say Photobull.... ) "ransom " scandal .... thanks for rebuilding your topic !!!!:worthy:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, basket said:

Another victim of the Photobucket ( or should  I say Photobull.... ) "ransom " scandal .... thanks for rebuilding your topic !!!!:worthy:

Exactly. And thank you 😊

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello,Alan - Great to see you back on radar and wishing you All The Best for the New Year.

 I was a victim of the PB Debacle but moved to Flickr and fingers-crossed all’s okay at the moment.It’s wonderful to see your Washington build once again.

 All The Best,Paul.😉👍

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, mcdonnell said:

Hello,Alan - Great to see you back on radar and wishing you All The Best for the New Year.

 I was a victim of the PB Debacle but moved to Flickr and fingers-crossed all’s okay at the moment.It’s wonderful to see your Washington build once again.

 All The Best,Paul.😉👍

Thanks a lot, Paul and a Happy New Year to you! I've also migrated to Flickr and it seems to be working well for me too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Good to see you back Alan, the PB thing naffed me off as well.

Joined Flickr and no real problems, easier too.

 

Simon.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

All photos now restored! Up yours, Photob*cket!

 

Alan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, Alan P said:

All photos now restored! Up yours, Photob*cket!

 

Alan

 

Photobucket can suck it!

 

 

Chris

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

wow. only just seen sight of this build, what an absolute beauty!  

Some superb techniques and tips in there aswel.

 

Thank you for reinstating the images.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is beautiful Alan and an inspiration for the 1/72 B-29 I'm working on at the moment.

 

Did you ever get to the bottom of the Alclad black gloss issue? I was intending to use it as a base coat for my model and wondered if this was anything specific to watch out for? Thanks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, dogsbody said:

 

Photobucket can suck it!

 

 

Chris

Oh yeah! 😄

7 hours ago, 71chally said:

wow. only just seen sight of this build, what an absolute beauty!  

Some superb techniques and tips in there aswel.

 

Thank you for reinstating the images.

Thanks, I wanted it to be available again, glad you liked it! 

5 hours ago, SaminCam said:

This is beautiful Alan and an inspiration for the 1/72 B-29 I'm working on at the moment.

 

Did you ever get to the bottom of the Alclad black gloss issue? I was intending to use it as a base coat for my model and wondered if this was anything specific to watch out for? Thanks!

Thanks very much and I hope to see yours completed on here soon. 

 

I've switched over to Mr Surfacer Black 1500 as my base of choice now - followed by a few wet coats of Tamiya X-1 black and finished off with a brushed coat of Klear. Also I have discovered AK Extreme Metal paints which has simplified everything metallic in my modelling life now! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×