1/48 Monogram B-29 as RAF Washington B.1 *Finished!*

Update - I'm slowly rebuilding the photos on this thread as it turned out to be so useful as a build reference.

Hopefully will be able to do the same for many of my other threads as well.

Alan

• Like 2
  • Thanks 4

5 hours ago, basket said:

Another victim of the Photobucket ( or should  I say Photobull.... ) "ransom " scandal .... thanks for rebuilding your topic !!!!:worthy:

Exactly. And thank you 😊

• Like 1

Hello,Alan - Great to see you back on radar and wishing you All The Best for the New Year.

I was a victim of the PB Debacle but moved to Flickr and fingers-crossed all’s okay at the moment.It’s wonderful to see your Washington build once again.

All The Best,Paul.😉👍

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, mcdonnell said:

Hello,Alan - Great to see you back on radar and wishing you All The Best for the New Year.

I was a victim of the PB Debacle but moved to Flickr and fingers-crossed all’s okay at the moment.It’s wonderful to see your Washington build once again.

All The Best,Paul.😉👍

Thanks a lot, Paul and a Happy New Year to you! I've also migrated to Flickr and it seems to be working well for me too.

• Like 2

This is beautiful Alan and an inspiration for the 1/72 B-29 I'm working on at the moment.

Did you ever get to the bottom of the Alclad black gloss issue? I was intending to use it as a base coat for my model and wondered if this was anything specific to watch out for? Thanks!

• Like 1

19 hours ago, dogsbody said:

Photobucket can suck it!

Chris

Oh yeah! 😄

7 hours ago, 71chally said:

wow. only just seen sight of this build, what an absolute beauty!  

Some superb techniques and tips in there aswel.

Thank you for reinstating the images.

Thanks, I wanted it to be available again, glad you liked it! 

5 hours ago, SaminCam said:

This is beautiful Alan and an inspiration for the 1/72 B-29 I'm working on at the moment.

Did you ever get to the bottom of the Alclad black gloss issue? I was intending to use it as a base coat for my model and wondered if this was anything specific to watch out for? Thanks!

Thanks very much and I hope to see yours completed on here soon. 

I've switched over to Mr Surfacer Black 1500 as my base of choice now - followed by a few wet coats of Tamiya X-1 black and finished off with a brushed coat of Klear. Also I have discovered AK Extreme Metal paints which has simplified everything metallic in my modelling life now! 

• Thanks 1

• 1 year later...