Resizing of parts

Roof Rat

Hello all

Does anybody know of a company that can resize kit parts?

I have a old 1/72 conversion I would like to resize to 1/48, the original company closed down quite sometime ago so I don't think I would be treading on their toes.

I might be barking up the wrong tree....I don't know, any help would be gratefully received.

With regards RR

Hello kev67

Thank you for your speedy reply, I will certainly look at the app, what I would really like is a company that can remanufacture the parts in 1/48 scale, asking a lot I know.

With regards RR.

• Like 1

Well, this is not an easy task, I'd say.

Generally, resizing means creating a new form. The forms for resin casting are made from masters, i.e. you need a new, bigger master. One can be made either by pantographing of the initial form, by 3D scanning and subsequent 3D printing or manually (i.e. building a new master from scratch). All three approaches require equipment and skill, the result will be EXPENSIVE. Are you really ready to pay hundreds (if not thousands) of pounds for your conversion?

Have a look at Shapeways. It may be that somebody has already done the conversion and can scale up or down from their work done already.

For example: http://www.shapeways.com/designer/hawkins751511?s=48#more-products

I was looking for twin Brownings in 1/48 for an LRDG project I have/had in mind,

Nick

Hello Pin

Thank you for your reply, my fears are as you pointed out regarding cost, and my modelling skills I'm sorry to say discount the making of a master(s) from scratch, 3D is probably the way I would go cost permitting.

Hello Nick

Also thank you for your reply, shapeways could be promising thank you for the link.

With regards RR.

• 2 years later...

You will need to get the parts scanned, jewellery scanner quality probably , then scaled and 3D printed.

you could try for a software that works with photos, take overlapping shots of a textured object, so have to spray it with a splatter tip on the airbrush maybe. or toothbush flick paint !

refine the result then send to a 3D printer.

again jewellery calibre 3D printing services are what you need.

If you are willing to pay good money then PM me I have contacts on the required printing and scanning as well as and methods on shape capture I am experimenting with. I also am CAD capable.

Merlin