P-47 N (1/72 Sword)

Now is a very hard work befor me... putting the wings together... With the intention not to use to much filler on the wings I glued the top part of the wings halves first. This give a very smooth join on the top of the wings. No filler is needed. But the dry fittings of the bottom parts of wings show me that this proces won't be easy....

PICT0516_zpse4f5bwm4.jpg

PICT0517_zps8ilclg7e.jpg

Edited by zegeye
  • Like 3

that top join looks nice, are there big gaps on the lower ones or they don't sit evenly?

Filling gaps (you can even do it with uneven fits) with stretched sprue of thin sheet plastic will give you a much better and stronger join. Plus you don't loose the surrounding detail that often occurs with filler and CA gap filler glue.

• 4 weeks later...

OK, next step forward. The wings are done. I've had surfacered it. For my dissapointment it is a lot of correction to be done. I will make a wing lights from some clear sprue.

A lot of work with this model.... I doubt I could end on time..... will see.

PICT0532_zpsf294qsmm.jpg

PICT0533_zpsiawqasx3.jpg

PICT0534_zpszxk6xduk.jpg

Edited by zegeye
  • Like 4

you still have plenty of time.

Limited run kits can be a bit of work at times, but you're doing a nice job, keep it up.

the new tip lights are great, they'll looks so good once they're shaped and polished.

• 2 weeks later...

nice paint job!

if you don't make it in time, don't worry as you'll still be able to post updates in this thread as the build thread will not be locked.

Black Widow!!! sounds very interesting!!

• Like 1

Thanks, but this is not a paint, this is a Gunze black surfacer :winkgrin: (although it is like paint) After those photos I had to sand a few places more... maybe today will the silver paint go....

Edited by zegeye

So, I didn't make it..... But I am working on it. Now it is from metal.... but here the work is not finished yet. I will add some different looking panels on sides and undersides. The next will be yellow tail, nose and wing tips.

PICT0556_zpspowi5yuc.jpg

PICT0557_zpslcosexu5.jpg

• Like 5