P-47 N (1/72 Sword)

OK, I don't know if I succeeded with this on time (because of my Spitfire in the Made in Britain GB) but I will do my best. This is my contribution to this GB. Thunderbolt P-47 N from the Czech company SWORD. I will make it from the box, but I plan to use aftermarket decals. I will try to buy some aftermarket rockets to, this little gem is weaponless in the box.

PICT0312_zps2cgw97do.jpg

PICT0311_zpswp1siwyp.jpg

regards

Zbyszek

• Like 7

Welcome aboard.

That is an interesting model you have chosen, I haven't seen the sword model before so will be following this build with interest.

Well good luck with the build, hope it's a trouble free build and will look forward to see her in the gallery.....no pressure! :)

A little progress to my JUG. This is a short run kit... and it shows this from the start. The plastic is very soft and is easy to cut ''too much''. I've made some primery painting. All the inner parts are painted. If they dried I'll make some drybrush and wash technics to give them details.

PICT0359_zpsnuoxn3hk.jpg

PICT0361_zpsdyak9qwg.jpg

regards

Zbyszek

Edited by zegeye
  • Like 5

The detail looks quite nice on this model, especially the tail wheel section. You've made a nice start.

Even though the plastic tends to be quite soft on short run models it dose make them easier to clean up I find plus a lot easier to get nice smooth joins.

Excellent work. This is a bit different from most of the others being built,including mine, so I will watch your build with interest. It's a pity that the Sword kit is not available currently I'm regretting not getting one a few years back.Anyway good luck with you build.

cheers Allan

• Like 1

I try to put the things together. But the parts doasn't fit very well. Here I neded a litlle assistance from the credit card. Now I try to glue two halfs of the main body, but they don't want to fit....

PICT0434_zps2crmvsq1.jpg

PICT0433_zpsifvahxys.jpg

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

So, this is really a short run model. I have some difficulties with joining two halves...but it is done now. A lot of filler is needed. It will be very hard to obtain a clear surface for silver paint...

PICT0438_zpswobj6isj.jpg

PICT0440_zpswp6rj2ko.jpg

• Like 2

it did need a bit!

if you can polish up the surfaces once you have finished sanding that will help. You may what to use a fine grade W&D right from the start, it'll make it easier to get a smooth finish..though takes a bit longer and use plenty of water. What is really good for polishing and nice and cheap are the nail polishing sticks! The pads are foam based and go from around ~600 to 2000 on one side and ~ 6000-8000 (rough figures) on the other side. Brand new ones are super good for removing mould lines on canopies!

• Like 2

it's a shame you're having to battle with it.

Have found the Sword models to be not too bad to build, but they done knew a wee bit extra work though.

Keep going, you're doing a great job with it!

Thats some tough work, i have this kit at home and i love the surface details and details overall, but these fit issues scares me a bit - i believe the modellers life is too short and there are so many good kits around.. would love to have an "N" in collection, but probably i ll go for some 1/48 then :( Or maybe do some wing conversion to Revell Kit, mm.. not sure now.. but you are fighting it well, cross fingers for your fight to get some great result :)

I have this kit in the stash, the N is the beast-iest P-47. I've made some older Sword kits (109D, Helldiver) and found them a bit challenging, but their newer ones ('Xtrakit' Spitfire XII, Spit VC) to be very nice models as long as you test fit as you go. And despite a bit of filler, this one is looking nice, isn't it?

I'd suggest finish with a full coat of Mr Surfacer, then gently wet-sand it back, to get a good base for a natural metal finish.

• Like 1

Yes it look nice.... and even nicer in the box 8-) But I expected a little better fitting though. I'm familiar with short run kits... I have a lot of MPMs and Pavla kits.... so a bit of filler doasn't fear me. But this one has a nice ''net'' of rivets, and they just gone of with a sand paper 8-( I will have to remake them and this make me sad... :weep: