I'm on my way out

As announced my Mike today in the Announcements section HERE

I'm stepping down from moderating the Group Builds. Here, paraphrased is Mike's announcement

One of the only constants in this life is change, and It is with a touch of sadness that we're today announcing Mish's retiral from managing the Group Build calendar and forum with effect from the completion of the 2016 calendar. She has held the title for many a year (since 12th July 2009 in fact), and done sterling work in managing to herd cats whilst knitting fog, but new work commitments amongst other things have forced her to step down and let someone else shoulder the burden of keeping the peace whilst not spreading too few people around too many Group Builds.

That person is Alan, and most of you will know him as Enzo Matrix. He's bravely agreed to take over from Mish, and we've been training him up behind the scenes for a couple of weeks now with Mish's help and guidance. She's going to mentor him until he's properly ensconced in the task, so things should carry on pretty much as usual, although please do give him plenty of slack as he's new at the job! :)

I'm sure you'll all join me in thanking Mish for her tireless dedication to the GB area over the last six and a half years, and wish her well with her studies. Also, thanks to Alan/Enzo for agreeing to take over :thumbsup: While we're at it, I believe he'd like to be known as Darth Matrix now he's in Mish's training camp of evil, so if you could all humour him, that would be cool :mental:

I'll be around till Enzo has picked up all the skills of herding cats and I might even find time to build for a few GBs

I would like to publicly thank all you GB'ers for your support, kindness and help over the past six, nearly seven years. I have made lots of friends, seen some great builds and enjoyed just about every minute of the job :)

I have one request of Enzo, it's been a sort of tradition that I host the KUTA GB every year. I would love to continue to do so.

Happy modelling all and thank you.

• Like 32

You've done wonders Mish, I'm very impressed with how much you've put in and put up with! Thank you for all your work, organisation, patience and perseverance in putting all these GBs into progress, and your encouragement in moderation once they're running.

Hope you get to do some more modelling "off deadline".

Al

• Like 2

Thank you Mish for all your time and hard work you've put into britmodeller. Kind regards, Joe

• Like 1

Good on you Mish, you have managed to keep a bunch of............. happy modellers on the straight and narrow (which must be exhausting).

Thanks for all the hard work and time you have dedicated to this forum. Hope you manage to get more built now.

Will you still be doing the BM table at model shows?

Mish, many thanks for all your hard work managing the GBs over the past few years, it's dedication like yours that help make forums like this work.

As for Enzo, I thought he'd been a bit quiet lately... ...I hope his new role as Cat Herder Persuivant doesn't diminish his considerable output!

Good luck to you both but for completely different reasons (I think Enzo might need it more though).

Wez

• Like 2

I'm fairly new here, and even newer wrt GBs, but I appreciate the work you've put in Mish; it's never easy being the public face of any organisation, especially when there's so much work to do in the public eye. A big WELL DONE and THANK YOU from me.

Three cheers for Mish!

And three stiff whiskies for Enzo! He's got some big high heels to fill.

• Like 2

Thanks guys, it has been fun and I mean that.

How about one final GB in your honour? Your choice of subject?

I don't think so I think the annual KUTA GB will be my swan song, All though I didn't think of the idea that belonging to my predecessor I thought it was a great GB to end each year with. I do hope it makes it onto the 2017 and onwards calender.

• Like 3

We need You kicking us in the, you know, each year in the future too! Thanks for herding us so far. If all this ends up with you finding more time for actual model building it´s always worth it!

Regards, V-P

• Like 1

Once again, thanks folks

Good on you Mish, you have managed to keep a bunch of............. happy modellers on the straight and narrow (which must be exhausting).

Thanks for all the hard work and time you have dedicated to this forum. Hope you manage to get more built now.

Will you still be doing the BM table at model shows?

Well we're booked in for five shows, does that answer your question? :)

See Mish, they did like you afterall! :lol:

I never doubted it Mike, you stirrer :D