HMS Bellerophon, 1982 - The Last Fighting Battleship

This is a very late refugee from the long-finished What-If III Groupbuild, but only just finished today. The build and very long, but I hope entertaining, backstory thread is HERE

It was built from the Heller 1/400 Richelieu kit with Atlantic Models photoetch for the Frog/Novo 1/415 HMS Tiger, plus lots of scrap PE, scrap parts, and scratchbuilding. It depicts the RN Battleship HMS Bellerophon in 1982, just before she led the Falklands task Force as flagship.

tn_DSCN4976 tn_DSCN4977 tn_DSCN4978 tn_DSCN4979 tn_DSCN4980 tn_DSCN4981 tn_DSCN4983

All the best,

Al

• Like 20

• 3 weeks later...

Nice one Alan. Looking forward to the New Jersey now.

Ah, yeah, that. Bit of a massive headache with the deck, it's come unstuck in several places, and it's a beggar to remove because I've already attached the PE fascias on the superstructure sides. It's putting me right off it at the moment!

Ah, yeah, that. Bit of a massive headache with the deck, it's come unstuck in several places, and it's a beggar to remove because I've already attached the PE fascias on the superstructure sides. It's putting me right off it at the moment!

I'm sure you will find the bravery pills when required.

• Like 1

• 5 months later...

That flat deck at the back could surely accommodate a Sea Harrier...?

Nice idea and I suppose it is a what if but not a lot of things to throw at the enemy hence through deck cruiser and a ramp to get the lift.

Hmm maybe a skyhook modification although can't help feeling that's risky

• 1 month later...

I must have missed your wip at the time but thoroughly enjoyed your back story, particularly the installation of sanitary facilities. Nice idea, nice wip, nice model! Proper job!

• Like 1