1/72 Eduard Focke Wulf Fw-190 A8 "JG300"

My first completed build in 2016, another Focke Wulf Fw-190 from Eduard's Profi Pack.

Added photo etch landing gear covers from Eduard Set and decals from Aeromaster (Butcher Birds #72001).

Photo of the original aircraft here: http://www.jg300.de/fw-190a-gelbe-1-7-oder-17.html

Gun barrels from Master Model.

Painted with acrylics from Gunze/Mr.Hobby.

Photographs: Wolfgang Rabel, IGM Cars & Bikes

Cheers!

a_DSC7485_zpseaguess2.jpga_DSC7489_zpstjipngtt.jpga_DSC7482_zpslqz2emwc.jpga_DSC7499_zpsfkmqpwvk.jpga_DSC7502_zpsq5z2thcm.jpga_DSC7501_zpsfh1coylg.jpga_DSC7506_zpsfu7u7c4z.jpga_DSC7507_zps5b1mqvtk.jpga_DSC7508_zps40nvtohp.jpga_DSC7504_zpsh67wloxf.jpga_DSC7509_zpscrrbuykz.jpga_DSC7511_zps2bzmqjvy.jpga_DSC7512_zpstyj1pdkg.jpga_DSC7484_zpszjqzcf2i.jpga_DSC7490_zpsyihsyz6a.jpga_DSC7493_zpshnu49etu.jpga_DSC7496_zpsztgrbtio.jpga_DSC7497_zpszvhldmgb.jpga_DSC7498_zpsb7yablne.jpg

• Like 23

That is a remarkable finish on your model Roman. I struggle to get that consistency. How many of these have you done now?

Thanks for feedback, this is the second Eduard Fw-190 I've finished.

The other one (also JG 300) is here: http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/234992486-172-eduard-focke-wulf-fw-190-a8-jg300/

Regarding the paint job, I use Gunze/Mr.Hobby acrylics. These colors produce the finest surface if thinned properly and applied in numerous thin coats.

I never managed to get that smooth surface finish with paints from Humbrol or Revell (which I've used in my early modelling days).

May I ask, which type of colors you are using, Bear Paw?

Dear Roman

Congratulations on a nice smooth looking FW 190. I am interested in the rather oily sheen of the exhaust staining on the fuselage sides, was this deliberate? If so this is a different interpretation then I'm used to. Oil leaks were certainly a feature of the BMW 801 so perhaps this was common?

Also the blue white blue Reich defence markings were new to me, I thought they were red and yellow for this gruppe?

Regards

Andrew

Thanks for feedback, this is the second Eduard Fw-190 I've finished.

The other one (also JG 300) is here: http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/234992486-172-eduard-focke-wulf-fw-190-a8-jg300/

Regarding the paint job, I use Gunze/Mr.Hobby acrylics. These colors produce the finest surface if thinned properly and applied in numerous thin coats.

I never managed to get that smooth surface finish with paints from Humbrol or Revell (which I've used in my early modelling days).

May I ask, which type of colors you are using, Bear Paw?

Hi Roman, I am using Lifecolor paints at the moment which I find easier to use than Vallejo. I find Vallejo paints a bit sticky and very good at blocking my air brush up.

I have used an airbrush for less than a year so far but really do like it.

Edited by Bear Paw