1/72 Esci Tu22 Blinder

The build is available to view in Work in Progress if anyone's interested, Esci get something of a bad reputation due to accuracy issues but aside from the decals( which were pretty atrotious) it went together nicely and I'm happy with how it turned out. There is a far better Modelsvit kit on the market which I may be doing at some point in the future.

72%20Tu22_zpslsnuhmbt.jpg

72%20Tu22%202_zpsqbal2izd.jpg

72%20Tu22%203_zpsukqpkknq.jpg

72%20Tu22%204_zpsnvcxoc4n.jpg

72%20Tu22%205_zpsf27rl4in.jpg

Sprayed with Humbrol 11 Silver and painted with tamiya acrylics, panel line wash done with Humbrol black enamel wash and metals weathered with humbrol washes and acrylics.

Hope you like it, I'm certainly pleased with the result. Next build will probably be another 1/72 bomber.

-Flash

• Like 15

Good job Flash on what is really a very mediocre rendition by ESCI (sort of understandable at the time)....certainly looks the part though. Since the Modelsvit beauty arrived on the bench I gave up on mine even though it was nearly there....trouble is you compare the two and they really are worlds apart even with all the hacking and chopping.......just lovely to see a Blinder built, give yourself six of the best !

• Like 2

Good job Flash on what is really a very mediocre rendition by ESCI (sort of understandable at the time)....certainly looks the part though. Since the Modelsvit beauty arrived on the bench I gave up on mine even though it was nearly there....trouble is you compare the two and they really are worlds apart even with all the hacking and chopping.......just lovely to see a Blinder built, give yourself six of the best !

Honor to have you here General, much appreciated! I will probably end up doing a Modelsvit. Have you finished yours?

• Like 1