Heinkel 274 colour ?

Adrian Hills

Exactly which colour green was the Heinkel 274 when completed/rebuilt by the French. I have the Antares kit and the excellent French book 'Heinkel 274 et Junkers 488' Airprofiles no6 but can find no precise reference to the colour green used. I tend to use Gunze Sangyo paint bit will use whatever comes closest.

• 4 years later...

I've changed my mind and should "French fancy" win the bun fight for the group build next year I will do a 274 in white with an experimental French jet strapped on. I recently bought a Mach 2 Leduc 021 which would look good. I think it 'likely' that the He 274 would have been used to lift this annular intake aircraft due to the Leduc 021 size and extra power available with the 274. An SNCASE Se.161 Languedoc was also used as a lifting body but was less powerful than the 274. There might have been time in 1953 before both 274s were decommisioned.

I'm at the beginning of research on this but if anyone has a photo and information of said aircraft combination I'd appreciate it. I have a couple of books on the 274 in storage.

3 minutes ago, Adrian Hills said:

Sorry Paul, Obviously I posted in the wrong place. Will see if I can move it

No need to apologise - it happens suprisingly often, and sometimes  the thread takes off and no-one mentions it - I'm just pointing it out because, obviously,  you stand a better chance of getting a useful answer in the right place and there were only a few replies here. 

Paul.

Cheers Paul, I must admit initially your post came across as somewhat brusque. However, your explanation is very much appreciated and of course helpful. Again thanks

Adrian

Hi Dogsbody,

Thanks for that. I’ve mined the web for quite a few photos and have Griehl and Dressel’s “Heinkel 177,227,274” and in French Marchand et Carbonel’s “Heinkel 274”.

I’m specifically after information on the 274 if it carried the Leduc 021

cheers

11 hours ago, Adrian Hills said:

Obviously I posted in the wrong place. Will see if I can move it

PM a moderator is the way,  but I'll put a @Mike  in.   

Might be better in the Cold War section,  as you might find someone with an interest in early jet types,  @John R comes to mind.

According to 'X planes of Europe' by Tony Buttler & Jean-Louis Delezenne only the Languedoc was used as a launch plane starting with the 010 in 1949, then the 016 and finally the 021 in 1953

John

PS. I presume you are the Adrian from the IPMS Mid-Sussex. In which case 'Hi'.  John

Actually I am no longer a member. I have just finished another 'aluminium tube' but it would have been no good anyway as my car is u/s with an elecrical fault.

John