Italeri Spitfire IX with full invasion stripes

Hi Folks,

I bought this kit on an alcohol fueled ebay trip some time ago, BEFORE reading any reviews, which gave the impression that it was a swine to put-together. :oops:

I'm glad to report that it wasn't as bad an experience as I expected, the worst being the two-part lower engine cowling and I think the air intake is wrong but that might be me as I hacked off the locating pin before fitting, the wingtips were not a good fit either, but hey, you pays yer money and all that......

Paint is Vallejo model air upper; Dark sea grey 048(now engine grey for dome reason) and Dark Green 012. A bit on the dark side I know :winkgrin:

Underside is Tamiya MSG

Interior is a mix of VMA Zins chromate and VMA int.green and various bits.

Wanted to give it a 'lived-in' look without going overboard on the weathering.

On the whole I'm quite pleased.......but feel free to comment !!!!

Cheers

PS: Excuse the IKEA place mat :tomato:

_DSC0019_1.jpg_DSC0021.jpg_DSC0020.jpg_DSC0022.jpg_DSC0025_1.jpg_DSC0024.jpg_DSC0018_1.jpg

• Like 15

That's a very good looking Spitfire!

Maybe you might consider changing the strange contraption hanging from the cockpit opening? There are many aftermarket resin and PE replacements available and anyone of them will make a huge improvement to the overall impression of your otherwise excellent model. Don't paint the crowbar red, though… ;-)

Kind regards,

Joachim

• Like 1

Joachim, the after market stuff would cost must more than the kit cost anyway, good money wasted for a poor kit, no ta I'm on a limited budget !!!

Aren't we all, somehow? On a limited budget, I mean?

https://www.hannants.co.uk/product/PAVU48059?It's for an Airfix kit, but if it's open… £3.00.

Kind regards,

Joachim

Thanks for the comments all☺

Joachim, btw that link was to a 1/48 accessory, I'LL take that as a compliment 😆

Edited by Saddler