Tamiya 1/48 Republic P-47D Thunderbolt "Bubbletop" - Lt.Col. Benjamin Mayo - Finished and in the Gallery!

Like I said in my comment to the RFI, this is a superb build, very lifelike and the weathering is very well judged.

Really awesome, but this should only be expected coming from you :goodjob:

Cheers

Jaime

• Like 1

Wow,again! That is one of the finest models I have seen for a while and the fact that it is brush painted is amazing. Add to all that the superb photos are the finishing touch. Congratulations Stix.

Cheers Allan

• Like 1

Hi Stix,

I do have to say that is one of the finest models I have see for quite sometime!

The photos are perfect, but it truly is all about the model and I have followed this from the start and I have to congratulate on a beautifully built model. You produced a paint job that many of us dream about and it was done by brush! This is such a wonderful build and it has been a real pleasure to watch its progress.

I do hope you enjoyed this build and I'm so glad you were able to join us for this GB. I do look forward to seeing your builds in future GB's.

• Like 2

I said it over in your RFI thread: it looks real!!! :gobsmacked:

Ciao

Thank you giemme! You are very kind!

:worthy::worthy: She is OUTSTANDING Stix!! I thought the top picture was of the real thing. :worthy::worthy:

Speechless!! :gobsmacked:

Thank you Nigel for your very kind comments.

Like I said in my comment to the RFI, this is a superb build, very lifelike and the weathering is very well judged.

Really awesome, but this should only be expected coming from you :goodjob:

Cheers

Jaime

Thank you Jaime you are too kind! :blush:

Wow,again! That is one of the finest models I have seen for a while and the fact that it is brush painted is amazing. Add to all that the superb photos are the finishing touch. Congratulations Stix.

Cheers Allan

Thank you very much Allen - that is very kind of you to say.

woah beautiful finish Stix! and lovely photos as always! heading to the RFI :D

Thank you Wolwe - you are too kind!

Fantastic Stix! Incredible brush work on the NMF.

Thank you very much Cookie - and I'm surprised you find time to comment with all the builds you have on the go!! :frantic:

Mere words fail me, a stunning result, very well done Stix :goodjob::goodjob:

You are too kind Greg - thank you.

I can never remember how many quotes we're allowed so I will continue in the next post.

Kind regards,

Stix

• Like 1

Some of your best work stix, love seeing how you improve with every build! Well done on challenging yourself with the NMF and for getting such a great result!

Rob

Hi Rob, that's very kind of you to say.

Fantasic build and excellent pictures!

René

Thank you too Rene for your very kind comments.

Wow ! Well done Stix ! That looks fantastic ! Thanks for sharing your build too !

Hi Hosabon and thank you very much for you comments and for taking the time to read my posts!

Hi Stix,

I do have to say that is one of the finest models I have see for quite sometime!

The photos are perfect, but it truly is all about the model and I have followed this from the start and I have to congratulate on a beautifully built model. You produced a paint job that many of us dream about and it was done by brush! This is such a wonderful build and it has been a real pleasure to watch its progress.

I do hope you enjoyed this build and I'm so glad you were able to join us for this GB. I do look forward to seeing your builds in future GB's.

Hi Rich. You are too kind but thank you! :thumbsup:

I thoroughly enjoyed this GB and a lot of it is down to you as host. You have been an absolute star - commenting on everyone's threads with advice and encouragement. I think it makes a real difference to a GB when there is an active host like yourself who takes the time to go through all the builds threads. So a BIG THANK YOU to you.

I originally joined up because a fellow Britmodeller was a bit concerned about me building so many tanks and suggested I could join this GB to get back to some aircraft building - and I'm really grateful to him too. I was also lucky with the kit - I went out to try to purchase a 1/72 Tamiya version from a few of model shops in Birmingham but none had any in stock. But then I was lucky to spot this 1/48 version in among a stack of AFV sale items in the last shop I went too - and it was in the sale!! It seemed like fate and here we are......... It is a superb kit which is a pleasure to build.

I will certainly be back for more GBs.

Thank you to everyone who has taken the time to read and comment in this thread.

Kind regards,

Stix

• Like 3

I originally joined up because a fellow Britmodeller was a bit concerned about me building so many tanks and suggested I could join this GB to get back to some aircraft building ...

Probably more than one fellow ... :D :D :D We are all big fans your aircraft modelling :thumbsup:

Ciao

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Stix,

Not sure whether it's too early but I just wanted to say congratulations on the GB win :clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2:

It was thoroughly deserved despite the voting going a bit wonky. A clear leader at the time and I hope the result deservedly stands

Cheers

Nigel

• Like 1

Hi Stix,

Not sure whether it's too early but I just wanted to say congratulations on the GB win :clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2:

It was thoroughly deserved despite the voting going a bit wonky. A clear leader at the time and I hope the result deservedly stands

Cheers

Nigel

arrr you beat me too it!!!

Well done Stix, I can now say it's official, well dome mate on a truly awesome build!!!

• Like 2

Probably more than one fellow ... :D :D :D We are all big fans your aircraft modelling :thumbsup:

Ciao

Hi giemme - that is very kind of you, thank you.

Agreed!

Thank you too Cookie!

Hi Stix,

Cheers

Nigel

Thank you very much Nigel - you are very kind.

Well done Stix, I can now say it's official, well dome mate on a truly awesome build!!!

Hi Rich and thank you very much. And thank you too for a great GB. Your input in mine and everyone's threads makes a real difference! A great host!! :thumbsup:

Congrats Stix! :clap::clap::clap::clap:

Thank you very much giemme.

Well done Stix, thoroughly deserved !

Thank you Hosbabon - that's very kind of you to say that.

Thank you to everyone who contributed to this thread - it really does make a thoroughly enjoyable hobby even better!! Britmodeller is great! So a big thank you to Blastvader, Wimbledon99, trickyrich, Arniec, stevej60, Mottlemaster, Daniel Cox, rob85, jrlx, Wolwe82, Biggles 87, Basilisk, giemme, DannyB, GREG DESTEC, Cookenbacher, sean, Phil Podmore, almac, modelling minion, wellzy, Hosbabon, Skids, Gremlin56, Thom216 and Caerbannog - hopefully I've included everyone.

I did a longer post here: http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/234965437-gb-chat/?p=2334087

Kind regards,

Stix

• Like 4