MGB81

Well...The boat is done. The case will have to wait for funds! Hope you like it. It's a good kit and I think I've almost done justice to it....

F

mgb_zps432rj3sp.jpg

mgb_2_zpsykprx6gg.jpg

mgb_1_zps2nk61eap.jpg

• Like 26

I think I ought to point out, having forgotten to do it in the original posting, that I wanted to depict the boat out looking for victims, quietly tooling along in the night. It's my intention to do a painted backdrop of night at sea. Too cold to hang around in the garage painting at the moment.....

What's next, Kev? Hopefully I'll finish the MTB and then Fair Rosamund....and a bunch of paintings.

• Like 2

I have a bias towards MTB's and MGB's and you have built a superb example there. Very well done you should be very proud of that!!!!!!!

Thanks. Have you seen the range produced by Coastalcrafts?

Hi Seadog

Just found your latest work and truly impressed. Well done. You have a wonderful ability to fabricate realistic water which I also commented on in Scottish Maid. I see many paintings of ships at sea and it's a difficult subject to capture correctly (this coming from a lifetime sailor). Anyway, your 3d rendition of the sea is quite something. The boat of course is the main subject and likewise impressive. I find myself wondering how these poor crewmen stayed aboard without some semblance of a perimeter lifeline.

Cheers

Frank

Thanks Frank, during my all too brief spell at sea I spent a lot of time, when not steering, staring at the sea, trying to work out how the hell to make it work in paint. Here's one I did earlier...

albatross_zpsbdca1ed9.jpg

• Like 5

WOW!! That is fabulous. Very professional I must say. Your studies (of the sea) have paid off in spades. So you're not only a first class scratch-builder but a damn fine painter as well.

Frank

I love the light shinning through the wave.

What scale is the sea bird?

:winkgrin:

Kev

Spans 12 inches on the canvas, so 1/12th? :bleh:

And thanks for the compliments gents.