Tamiya Cromwell Mk IV

Dave_R

Apart from the naturally occurring stuff that seems to re-coat every flat surface in my house five minutes after I've just removed it, it's Mig Light European Earth powder. To my eye it's looks like the kind of muck that's common to the south of England, northern France and Flanders - chalk downland dirt that sticks like glue when wet.

I'm just going to brush it on dry or mixed with a little water to get into wheels and dirtier areas.

Hi All,

Just finished this one and got some photos done:-

Cromwell%20022_zpsvvgbnxto.jpg

Gallery pics will be uploaded soon.

As I mentioned at the start of this thread this is part of my project for the year of doing series showing British tank development. Here's the line-up so far....

_MG_0916_zpsntfqpwxz.jpg

I'll be adding a Bronco A-13 Cruiser and Comet to the line-up as soon as they are in stock with a well known Model supplier and the Trumpeter Challenger 2 has to go - it's not worth the effort, it will be replaced with Tamiya one.

The Chieftain is my kit for the NATO vs. Warpac GB.

Dave.

• Like 2

Well done Dave she's looking great :goodjob:

I'd forgotten this one was part of a larger project to chart the development of British tanks. Your line-up photo illustrates that to great effect already. Sorry to hear you aren't enjoying the Trumpeter Challenger 2 though; was tempted to add that kit to my stash as had heard the Tamiya one wasn't accurate but having second thoughts now.

Hi All,

Thanks for the kind words.

Hi Col,

The Trumpeter Challenger has fought me all the way - it's stupidly designed for example commander's sight is made up of 6 small parts, the storage bins just won't fit and so don't look like the real thing and the TOGS is the wrong shape. I wasn't aware of any problems with the Tamiya - but that could just be my ignorance.

Dave.