Triumph TR7 car build

Different...there weren't many TR7 FHCs with a black roof. The only thing I'd mention is that on the ones that did exist, the frame around the top of the door and window was body coloured, not black. It always seemed to stand out against the black roof too much to me though...

Still watching with interest,

Dean

Mines black now! I thought it was the rubber window seal!

Fraid not...

1816839_zps4yhfymfo.jpg

On the DHC, the whole frame of the quarterlight is black, but not on the FHC.

Never mind, I won't tell if you don't.

Dean

• Like 1

Great picture, I got overspray on the back, now I don't need to get it off! I'll mask and spray it all black!

Your model is an early Speke built car judging by the TR7 decal on the nose, and a lot of the early cars had a black rear panel around the lights so you'll probably be accurate there. It's also shown on the photos on your box if you look.

Keep it coming,

Dean

Ah, the memories of the old 7. My father had one in brown, not as bad as it sounds to be honest.

Good to see theres a kit of the thing, good work on it too.

Dad fell out with his...

tr701.jpg

tr702.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Any updates?

ps - The old man was fine thanks to his lack of seat belt love when the roof came in. We think it was brake servo failure or similar approaching a grass banked bend, he wasnt hanging about and ended up with a couple of flips and rolls in a field. The car held up pretty well considering.

pps - Does the kit come with other wheels aside from the box art? Would love to do one for the old man, in brown and with the wheels as pictured above to really remind him of the car and set him off on another Triumph build quality rant. :)

Edited by RMP2

Triumph had a brilliant series of TV ads here in the States waaay back then..."The Shape of Things to Come".

Hysterical toppers like wedge-shaped garages, fast food drive-throughs, and car-washes......I've not forgotten the ads, but I don't remember Monogram kitting the car.

Thanks for a happy trip down memory lane!

• 3 weeks later...