1/72 Italeri Sea Harrier FRS 1, Indian Navy 300sqn

Hello everyone! Greetings for the new year!

I'd like to share my last build of 2015- the 1/72 Italeri Sea Harrier FRS 1, 300 sqn, Indian Navy.

I used the Eduard PE detail set, along with the Model Alliance Sea Harrier Decal sheet. Additional decals were sourced from some old Modeldecal sets as well. Brass pitot from Air Master.

I tried cramming in detail where ever the kit fell short- the Ejection seat, the nose gear bay, and the nose-gear itself. Styrene sheet and stretched sprue worked wonders together.

I churned up my own shades of paint using primary colors, and eyeballed it as close as possible to selected references. It still ended up being a tad too blue. Oh well...

Weathering was done using oils, and everything was sealed up with a lacquer matte coat.

SBfLq77.jpg

6e77kcl.jpg

UnWOdvy.jpg

nZ4ux0I.jpg

Tshvohk.jpg

Scratch built the ejection seat using styrene sheet and stretched sprue. Eduard Seatbelts and decals from spares.

4ru2yES.jpg

Here it is installed in the cockpit

a0kSGEr.jpg

Shot a new closeups in natural light to showcase the weathering better

OrROCov.jpg

yfNDxaE.jpg

cEUXRcA.jpg

Thanks for watching and have a great year in modeling ahead!! :)

Cheers!

Alex

Edited by alxzinbox
  • Like 56

Hello,Alex - My compliments to you on a fine looking build of your 'Indian Navy Sea Harrier'. I love the quality and detail of the paint and finishing work and commend the restrained weathering.She is a resplendent tribute to this iconic aircraft.All the best,Paul.

• Like 1