1/48 F-84G Thunderjet from Revell

DSC01768_zpssarfsh5x.jpgHi all,

here is my version of the F-84g Thunderjet.

Actualy this kit was also a present from one of my dear friends Jeroen(known as Robotics). I suspect that he and Hartdeco made a conspiracy to persuade me to start building jets as well, because I mainly build ww2 planes until ...Well let just say that they succeeded in their mission the last year I drasticaly added more jet kits waiting to build to my stah much to the enjoyment of my wife ( actualy she is completely supprting my hobby/some call it hoarding) So my friends thank you very much :banghead:

The model is the lovely kit from Revell it is a gem to build I needed hardly any putty. I painted it with the new AK interaktive metal paint I did use a primer beneath it because I found that dispite the saying that it can be used without a primer it realy needs one.

Decals came from an Aeromaster sheet.

I hope you like it

DSC01767_zpsvmp8frak.jpgDSC01772_zps23ka9e4v.jpgDSC01773_zpsgwv80nct.jpgDSC01771_zpshccxpfza.jpgDSC01770_zps8bjitwum.jpgDSC01769_zpsmzdwcrti.jpg

Edited by robvd
  • Like 47

Nice build.

Richard Bach wrote Stranger to the Ground, about flying the F-84 at night in Europe (England to France, I think). I would like to find out about his markings and build a model of his aircraft someday.

I think it was continent TO England, but not sure offhand. At any rate, it was an F-84F. I've had the same idea, but haven't (not that I've tried utterly hard) found photos of his bird. I did write to him once, and he said that they were silver when they went over, then got camo sometime while there.

bob

• 2 years later...

Hello Rob,

Indeed a very nice build. Not the easiest color to work with, but you managed very well.

Regards, Orion