1/48 IAC TSR-2W (wiffer)

Dear Lord! That colour scheme is simply mind blowing. Stunning. If I may ask just how long did it take???? Where the masks home made? Just to say once more, AMAZING!!!!

• Like 2

Dear Lord! That colour scheme is simply mind blowing. Stunning. If I may ask just how long did it take???? Where the masks home made? Just to say once more, AMAZING!!!!

Yea... that scheme took some effort. I worked on just paint for most of 6 weeks (not 40 hour weeks, but steady after work effort.) I used Model Master enamels and needed dry time. I cleared only at the end with Model Master gloss lacquer-many many coats and then wet sanded the whole thing with 600 grit to flatten it. The masks came from AN Models-digi camo #5. I used 5 packages (!!!!) to mask this thing. Have to say those masks are FANTASTIC-highly recommended. Stayed down (even on the hard curves) with little to no bleed through. It took three days (plus, because I missed a lot...) just to unmask it. Had to run my fingers over the paint to feel for masks, and still there would be some-they got found when I sanded... Final clear coat with Testors Dull Coat.

Cheers

• Like 5

I wonder what the alternative universe is like where the IAC could have and need TSR2's? Probably one where the biggest oil deposits in the world were discovered in the 1950s. I'd like to live in that universe. Nice job.

• Like 2

Hello,Patrick - It's a 'TSR2' but not as we know it! My compliments to you on a complex and beautifully created scheme with this build.All the best,Paul.

So... not supposed to have the hyphen? Opppps, silly me. Must be my American sensibilities for aircraft acronyms.

• Like 1

Superb! I suppose a good back story would hinge on two events, the TSR2 not being cancelled and Ireland joining NATO after WWII. In that case it's possible that the IAC would have had a strike aircraft such as this one.