1/32 - Boeing F/A-18E/F Super Hornet & EA-18G Growler by Revell - F/A-18E & F released

Homebee

Revell is to release in November 2016 a new tool 1/32nd Boeing F/A-18E Super Hornet kit - ref.04994

What's wrong with the Trumpeter's 1/32nd Super Hornet?

Followed or not in 2017-2018 by two seats 1/32nd Boeing F/A-18F Super Hornet and EA-18G Growler?

Source: http://www.plastik-modellbau.org/blog/revell-neuheiten-2016/2016/

04994 F/A-18E Super Hornet, 1:32

Die F/A-18E/F Super Hornet ist eine umfassende Weiterentwicklung des trägergestützten Mehrzweckkampflugzeugs der US-Navy. Sie erhielt unter anderem eine um 25% vergrößerte Tragfläche und ihre Triebwerke liefern 35% mehr Schub. Außerdem wurden alle modernen Waffen und externen Navigations- und Zielbeleuchtungs-Pods der Navy integriert.

Basis: New Tool

11/2016

V.P.

Matt-Memory2.jpg

Edited by Homebee

Revell is to release in November 2016 a new tool 1/32nd Boeing F/A-18E Super Hornet - ref.04994

Is the Trumpeter's 1/32nd Super Hornet so bad?

Yes. It's expensive and rather poorly detailed. There's plenty of room for another kit of one of the 21st centurys most important aircraft. Edited by Gary C
  • Like 1

Revell is to release in November 2016 a new tool 1/32nd Boeing F/A-18E Super Hornet kit - ref.04994

What's wrong with the Trumpeter's 1/32nd Super Hornet?

I am not a massive fan of Hornets, but I cannot see why this is anything but great news for the hobby? A less expensive alternative to a decent, if pricey kit [at least for me] is to be welcomed, as long as the basic shapes are accurate IMHO. Looking forward to this one.

Edited by azzaob
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Has anyone seen any close up photos of this test shot? i can see dropped flaps/slats and wing fold.The missiles are a mix of old and new Aim-9?? http://vignette1.wikia.nocookie.net/aircraft/images/3/37/A_little_weaponry.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20120229121659

Well the price point should be lower than Trumpeter's at least.

If you think Trumpeter's is poorly detailed, then definitely don't hold your breath for Revell's. :fraidnot: Their track record for 1/32 jets isn't exactly stellar. I'm anticipating lots of awkward ejector pin marks, poor fit and sketchy detail inside and out. And the intakes and LERX are probably nightmares to fit. But if it's under £50, I'll be straight in there! :)

I really don't know how many of you guys work in the aerospace sector, but if you do i'm sure you have the ability to recognize the fidelity of a kit. Ok, i work on helicopters and i have a certain experience only on rotorcrafts but i'm quite sure that the most of Trumpeter kits are incorrect in terms of overall dimension regardless of whether we are talking about airplanes or helicopters. I don't know why most of modellers put more attention on the details provided than on the fidelity.

All to say that i prefer a kit that is more representative of the real aircraft than one with more details/better fit but wrong in terms of length, shape ecc... and imho that's what Trumpeter provides. That's why i prefer Revell over Trumpeter.

Edited by OverTorque
  • Like 1

This is NOT a test shot. Like the Me 262 just an exhibition mock up based on something else !!

I hope you are correct. Zooming in on that picture provided in this topic suggests that the picture IS of the Trumpeter F/A-18E. The giveaways are the awful representation of the AIM-9X on the wing tips ( I think the whole modelling community is Still trying to agree exactly what missile they are actually trying to be!), and the addition (lump?) on the inner faces of the vertical stabs, that sort of mirror where the slime green formation lights would be on the outer sides of the tail......(not visible in this phot, but to note that the Trumpeter version ALSO moulds on these horrific raised "blobs" on the tails outer surface that requires grinding off.....)

In summary, I would welcome a cheaper, better(?) Rhino in this scale. I assume ABeck is correct that this is N oT the test shot or otherwise Revell are just knocking out licences copies of Trumpeters kit (albeit, with accurate decals!).

While the F-18 might not be my first choice I am tempted by the low(compared to its only competitors) price. I hope this is the beginning of a new range of 1/32 jets. Would certainly welcome the likes of an F-8 Crusader, Phantom , Lightning etc . Given Revell's current pricing I think these could give the competition a serious run for their money. Will DEFINITELY be getting the Me 262! If I speak nicely to my partner, she might add the F-18 to my Crimbo list for 2016!! :lol:

Allan

• Like 1

I've got it on good info that the RRP will be £69.99.

That's a pretty reasonable price compared to Trumpeter. Hopefully it will not be the dog's breakfast that the Typhoon was, but the Tiffie was priced a lot lower.

I don't know why most of modellers put more attention on the details provided than on the fidelity.

Well if you don't know, don't just judge, ask.

Yup, I was visiting Model Hobbies today and Nick looked at the Revell price list and confirmed £69.99RRP so £63 at a lot of places. I wonder whether I should flog my unbuilt Trumpy kit and buy the new Revell monster?

• 5 months later...

Can't find any updates on this new release other than what has been said above. One website claims it is new tool, but as I stated in my post above (#14) from the photos provided that is DEFINITELY the Trumpeter kit (I await to be proved wrong), so my question is: Will REVELL follow up with a licence copy of the "F" & "G" at these reasonable prices? Hope so.

I have built (where do I store them!) 3 x Academy and 2 x Trumpy 1.32 Hornets, for the unfamiliar, Trumpy score IMHO 75% compared to Academy, but are the only game (so far) in town to doing Super Hornets in this scale.

A smidgin off topic but might I ask how does my unbuilt Academy Hornet C stack up as a model compared to the Trumpeter model albeit the Trumpy kit is obviously a different mark? Just curious to know what the consensus was on the Academy offering

• Like 1

For clarification:

The new 1/32nd F/A 18 is definitly an all new kit from new moulds.

The research phase has been heavily stretched so that the release of the kit has to be postponed well into 2017, with some luck end of Q1.

The all new Me 262 B is in timescale. First pictures will be due soon. They will be published in this forums´Me 262 thread.

Regards

Andreas Beck

• Like 2

A smidgin off topic but might I ask how does my unbuilt Academy Hornet C stack up as a model compared to the Trumpeter model albeit the Trumpy kit is obviously a different mark? Just curious to know what the consensus was on the Academy offering

I don't have that kit but from what I've been told and what I've seen in builds and reviews the Academy C looks like a fantastic kit. I've been often tempted to buy one myself, it's only the lack of storage space for such a beast that has prevented me from doing so

• Like 1

Academy kitis superb, as imho is the Trumpy one( albiet not quite as good) , looking forward tomthis Revell offering though, will be good to compare what is assume will be a 60 quidish kit with a hundred quidish rendering of the same machine ...

• 4 months later...

Release now announced for June 2017.

Sources:

http://www.kitreviewsonline.de/revell-neuheiten-fuer-das-jahr-2017/

http://www.revell-news.de/display.php?M=166356&C=3f057b9cf49fc7b39cd8722d3dac6145&S=587&L=36&N=239

Was natürlich auch für die im Juni erhältliche F/A 18E aus neuen Formen gilt. Sie war schon für 2016 angekündigt – nun können wir sie endlich demnächst bauen!

04994.jpg

F/A-18E Super Hornet
Product Number: 04994 | Scale: 1:32

Availability: 07/2017 | New Tool

V.P.

Edited by Homebee
  • Like 2

• 3 months later...