one kit,two British icon,s

stevej60

Hi folk,s my lucky son just received twenty plus old bi-plane kits from his wife's Grandfather and some real gems there are but

he kindly gave me this little beauty! So an iconic little British fighter from for many my age an iconic British kit maker.The box and

content's are in great condition and the decal's look fine so when thing's get back to normal and the hols are over off we go!

DSCN0360%20640x480_zpstipuoyge.jpg

DSCN0362%20640x480_zpsfgds7slh.jpg

• Like 10

Wow! Should be a great project! :popcorn:

Thank,s Stix,did'nt want to get into anything too large for my second aircraft since the mojo issue and this came my way today' should be simple but

nice if all goes well,I hope to do the Airfix Land Rover's for this GB later on.

• Like 1

I had this kit, it went in the 'Great stash rationalisation of 2012)!! Matchbox biplanes were the best of the Matchbox bunch, I'll be watching this one, good luck Steve

. . . Dave

• Like 1

Hi all,a few days off so back to a bit of modelling,here,s the seat/floor arrangement as per the kit but I thought a little scratch building would be

interesting so using a large scale build I found as a reference here's today's progress.

DSCN0430%20640x480_zpsjghlaulq.jpg

DSCN0432%20640x480_zpsrto8noke.jpg

• Like 5

Nice start. :thumbsup: Wish I'd got a few days off. :(

Thank,s Stix,when the inbound goods are well covered there are usually holiday's offered at the pre-shift meeting and much as it pains me on

lovely hot summer day's not to take them I save them for after xmas so now this month I have a load of days to use and placed inbetween my

rota days I get a few three and five day runs of days off!

• Like 1

Hi all,more assembly done on the little Siskin and after that flimsy u/c arrangement thoroughly dried I primed in black,both outer wing struts broke

as the plastic is very brittle due to age so I will replace them with something else.

DSCN0508%20640x480_zps8ej35lbn.jpg

• Like 7

Looking good Steve. Unlike Nigel, I don't think I'll ever try to make a biplane - too many thin bits of plastic plus all that thread! I'll just enjoy watching others making them!

Kind regards,

Stix

• Like 2

Go on have a go Stix 1/48 is a nice scale to start and Eduard have some cracking kit's in the range.Anyway I have given her a coat of new Vallejo dull

aluminium which I have to say sprays beautifully straight from the bottle so another thin coat will be tomorrows session,by the way I tried hand brushing

this paint on a scrap wing and it brushes as good as it spray,s!

DSCN0516%20640x480_zpsat89j1ii.jpg

• Like 7

Looking good Steve. Unlike Nigel, I don't think I'll ever try to make a biplane - too many thin bits of plastic plus all that thread! I'll just enjoy watching others making them!

Kind regards,

Stix

I think you'd do just fine Stix ;)

Go on have a go Stix 1/48 is a nice scale to start and Eduard have some cracking kit's in the range.Anyway I have given her a coat of new Vallejo dull

aluminium which I have to say sprays beautifully straight from the bottle so another thin coat will be tomorrows session,by the way I tried hand brushing

this paint on a scrap wing and it brushes as good as it spray,s!

DSCN0516%20640x480_zpsat89j1ii.jpg

Looking lovely :) Will you be rigging this Steve?

• Like 1

Morning folk,s here she is as of today,not the end of the world but the decals have let me down which for their age was not unexpected,thankfully

its the blue portions that are affected so the boxtop option is do able with roundels from spares which will mean a smaller top wing roundel which I

can live with.

DSCN0523%20640x480_zpsdmljfseo.jpg

• Like 5

Hi all,just an update on this little build.I,ve painted and dry brushed the engine and added the exhaust ring and pipes along the fuselage.Detail painted

the engine cowl as per the instruction's and added and painted the wheels I just need to use a sharp pencil to run around the tyre/hub recess to

define the line better,thanks for popping in.

DSCN0548%20640x480_zps9w6xhgrh.jpg

DSCN0550%20640x480_zpshrov3wuu.jpg

Edited by stevej60
  • Like 6