28 Sqn Wessex XT678 "Hotel" HC2, RAF Sek Kong 1982/3

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Thanks for all the comments guys. The scene is now finished (at long last!!!)

There are various shots of the scene scattered through the last 10 pages or so of the WIP http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/234971153-wessex-hc2-a-dauphins-stablemate-520-days-later-its-finished-why-yes-it-is-indeed/?p=1799520

P4220012.JPG

P4220014.JPG

• Like 6

I've followed this from about half way through and havent seen your work before as I've not been in this forum until tackling the Chinook. What's next? I gotz to know!!

That is a very good question... and I don't really know the answer.

Way back in a past life I had the incredible opportunity to design a train carriage - and I kept a copy of all the engineering drawings. I am in the process of building a 1/32 scale model of that...

http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/234972191-scratch-build-of-1951-pullman-carriage-double-bogie-and-a-small-pump/

Since it was a rather unique carriage and I picked a non standard scale, I am scratch building pretty much everything. I'm kind of hitting a wall with that at the moment as I really need a lathe to get a couple of things done so I can move forward.

I won a 1/48 Lysander on ebay for 99cents a few weeks ago - so I may start that as a diversion from the rail carriage. 28 Sqn flew Lysanders back in the day so I may try and do one in that guise - to be honest I really don't know where I'm heading from here.

The Lysander is the old Hawk kit from the 50's so it's really basic (but has some nice detail) and I kind of like that because it gives me plenty opportunity to scratch bits here and there.

Edited by hendie

• 5 months later...

Don't know why I missed this when it was first posted, but glad I've seen it now... what a beauty. Tremendous model. Always loved the look of the Wessex, this model does it justice and then some.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, hendie said:

unfortunately, no - I'm based on the other side of the pond now

That's a shame. It would have Been good to see it up close in real life too

• Like 1

• 3 months later...