28 Sqn Wessex XT678 "Hotel" HC2, RAF Sek Kong 1982/3

Wow. A beauticul Walter. The MRGB and Gnome are just right, and match my memories of the mid-80s on SAR. You've set a very high standard for others to follow.

Regards

Tim

Thanks for all the comments folks, all very much appreciated. It was a roller-coaster of a build and one that seemed to take on a life of it's own at some points.

Had I known it was going to take this long and this much effort I probably would never have started it but in my ignorance leapt into it with a child like enthusiasm. I shall certainly be wary of any italeri kit in the future.

The biggest problem I have now is that I also have the newly released Fly 1/32 HC2 and I have no idea what to do with it. Building it out of the box when there's such opportunity for detailing on a 1/32 doesn't seem right, but just repeating what I have done here but on a larger scale doesn't seem right either. I have no plans to start that anytime soon though so something might come to me before then

"Attempt"?

All the superlatives seem to have been used up by previous posters, so I'll just add that tired "shrunk reality" epithet.

It's apt, though – I also got the impression of a real machine from the first photo.

Congrats!

Kind regards,

Joachim

Well it's all been said already really hendie. Think I'll just add my thanks for posting and allowing us along for what has been a modelling tour de force. It was a privilege and a pleasure to watch the truly marvellous problem-solving and multimedia craftsmanship. The result is a simply outstanding wessex :)

Edited by Fritag

Absolutely stunning, both in the detailing and the quality of the build.

I especially like the work you have done on the engines, stripped and rebuilt a lot of Gnome 1200's in my time (and their coupling gearbox) so I have a soft spot for the old Wessex and you have done a fantastic job on her.

Very, very well done.

Craig.

As posted a few times in the build thread, absolutely stunning work!

It has been a great build to follow and learn a few things along the way. Something that was looked forward to during '15. I imagine that '16 will be rewarded with competition awards - wherever it is displayed!

Now, onto the bad points:

The cockpit instrumentation clearly indicates a full fuel load...

However, pressing the starter tit elicits zero response from the turbines. Can you please check the wiring and igniters? No hurry. Before midnight will suffice.

She's on the ready alert from that time onwards.

:goodjob:

Hello Hendie,(Master Modeller)

I did follow your WIP closely.

The end result is amazing.

It made my day in this new year