28 Sqn Wessex XT678 "Hotel" HC2, RAF Sek Kong 1982/3

Said it before say it again, stunning build proved by the admiration of all who have both followed your build and this thread.

Very realistic, takes me back to RAF Gutersloh in 1972-1973 when I was working with 18 Sqn. as a MAOT.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
On 9/4/2018 at 2:19 PM, At Sea said:

I didn't realise anyone made a 1/24 Wessex!

Astounding build. very very well done indeed. 

It's not, it's 1/48th as stated at the start of the thread ...er, three years ago and I've only just seen this amazing build.

I was in the RAF in Hong Kong at the same time as Hendie and flew in this actual machine. Wow, just like the real thing!!!😜  

• Like 1

On ‎12‎/‎31‎/‎2015 at 7:09 PM, hendie said:

I worked on back in the early 80's

Fantastic ,can't add anything that hasn't been said . I've only just seen this .

Well done Hendie , did you know a Rigger Dave Travena ? He was there around then. And a Jock SGT Pete McQuilan ,, Sumpy ?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, AMB said:

I was in the RAF in Hong Kong at the same time as Hendie and flew in this actual machine. Wow, just like the real thing!!!😜  

Thanks!     AMB - were you a tech or a shiney ?  Anyone I would remember?

1 hour ago, bzn20 said:

Hendie , did you know a Rigger Dave Travena ? He was there around then. And a Jock SGT Pete McQuilan ,, Sumpy ?

Neither of those names ring any bells, sorry

Edited by hendie
  • Thanks 1

On 9/7/2018 at 8:25 PM, AMB said:

It's not, it's 1/48th as stated at the start of the thread ...er, three years ago and I've only just seen this amazing build.

I know it was 1/48...  

...it was meant as a compliment on Hendie's skills.

• Like 1

I remember seeing this three years ago. Great to see it again. 

At first glance I genuinely thought the first two photos were reference shots of the original. But even though I see it's a model I still can't shake off the idea that's it's the real thing.

Which is the holy grail of modelling for me.

• Like 1

On 9/7/2018 at 10:31 PM, hendie said:

Thanks!     AMB - were you a tech or a shiney ?  Anyone I would remember?

Neither of those names ring any bells, sorry

Neither, while you were at Sek Kong, I was doing Helicopter Ops in JATC on Hong Kong Island. Our office was in the Police HQ . I could task the Scouts and Wessexes to pick me up

from HMS Tamar - happy days!

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

Oh my word!!!!!! That’s the most detailed thing I’ve ever seen. It’s like you shrunk the real thing. 😮😮😮😮

I need to paw through your WIP threads to see how you managed such witchcraft. 🧙‍♂️

Astounding work sir. 🤗🤝

John.

ps. Just looking through your builds. Looks like I made pretty much the same comments about your lizzy back in 2016. ☺️ I wasn’t wrong. 🤓🤛👍

Edited by The Spadgent
  • Thanks 1

Not having 5 hours to read about beer and nuts with a bit of modelling here and there I will settle for the pictures. That's a really nice job you have done. it looks just like it was in 1:1 scale in the real 石崗機場. Brilliant...!!!

• Like 1

I'm overwhelmed by the beauty of the detail and the grand quality of the build. Museum quality. Definitely museum quality.

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 years later...