Airfix 1/72 DH Vampire T.11

Hi, here's a fun build of the excellent Airfix Vampire T.11. The photos actually make it looks a little rougher than she looks in real life (honest!) Xtradecals used for a a 43 Sqn a/c late 1950s. Used AK Extreme Metal paint and xtracrylic for the yellow (the bands on the wings are a little too wide - d'oh!)

\Thanks for looking and Happy new Year

24085134025_2e77c0ee9a_c.jpgUntitled by bryn robinson, on Flickr

23458344153_d9a2c0329c_c.jpgUntitled by bryn robinson, on Flickr

23458346163_1e283b0c3c_c.jpgUntitled by bryn robinson, on Flickr

24002972991_642cc7fb26_c.jpgIMG_2442 by bryn robinson, on Flickr

• Like 23

Very nice! It's a super little kit, isn't it?

Regards,

Adrian

Couldn't agree more, it truly is a beautiful little kit of the DH Vampire and an amazingly good price as well - thank you Airfix!! :coolio: :coolio:

Very nice build too ForestFan and I really like those AM decals you've used!! :thumbsup:

Kev :)

Edited by Mr Modeller
  • Like 1

What's that AK paint like? I'm always put off doing an NMF due to mishaps of my own making and I want to do a Kiwi T11

I found the AK paints easy to use. I did paint over a grey primer coat as like any quality NMF paint it is thin and shows any blemish underneath. Give them a try, I always avoided metal finishes but this is the 3rd on the row I've done!

Hello,ForestFan - My compliments to you on a fine looking build of your 'Vampire'. I love the quality and detail of the paint and finishing work and she looks resplendent in your chosen scheme.All the best for the New Year,Paul.

Looks very good to me! Congrats on an excellent job! That kit is already in my wish list, possibly as an entry to the future De Havilland GB (hope it happens).

Cheers

Jaime