Painting bottles of wine etc

Smouch_249

G'day Everyone,

I have got around to having a crack at Verlindens kit # 2776 "German Camping Grounds".

My question regards the painting of the bottles that are in the kit. The base colour of the resin is a pale yellow.

How do you the Dio makers get the effect of glass bottles? With & without fluid in them?

I use acrylic paints due to the room that I work is a small 'study' so I like to steer clear of enamels due to the smell.

Looking forward to hearing any tips.

Thank you, and have a safe and wonderful New Year.

Cheers,

Michael.

I've only painted a couple but this is what I did, I painted the bottle with red paint to the required height and then the rest with a dark green. Once dry I then painted with clear green to give the glass bottle effect all painted with Tamiya acrylics.

fc1ed18eeab61d5e37b556ee68bfd251_zpspfnh

Looking on the table the bottles look a little empty.

Hope this helps.

• Like 1

The bottles I've painted were clear plastic, so it was easy. I used a tiny drill to hollow out the bottle from the bottom up to the depth of the wine then painted the inside red. Then I gave the whole bottle a coat of clear green enamel. If your bottles aren't made from clear plastic you will have to make do with painting the bottle white, then applying clear red to the required depth of the wine, then overpainting the whole lot with clear green. This isn't ideal as you can't see the wine INSIDE. The only other alternative is to paint the whole bottle white, then clear green and pretend it's either full or empty. ps you're talking tiny amounts of enamel here so I wouldn't worry about the smell.

Edited by Badder