GWR 3700 'City of Truro' - Dapol (ex Kitmaster) OO/HO ++FINISHED++

nimrod54

John, that is an absolute stunner!

Beautiful job on the painting and lining.

And you are most welcome.

Karl

What a stunner!! She looks like she could set off down those tracks any second.

:clap2::clap2: Superb build - Congratulations :clap2::clap2:

Thank you very much for the comments and encouragement throughout this build gents, it is much appreciated.

• Like 1

I've enjoyed watching your progress through this one John so it comes as no surprise to see how good your finished model looks. Well done :goodjob:

• Like 1

I've enjoyed watching your progress through this one John so it comes as no surprise to see how good your finished model looks. Well done :goodjob:

Col,

Thanks to you and Shermaniac for proposing and hosting a fantastic GB, it gave me the opportunity to try something different. I wish you both the best of luck in setting up the voting, it looks as though it could be quite a complicated affair. In the short time that I have been on here this has to be the largest number of finished builds in a gallery that I have seen, and, along with those that did not quite make it, shows how much interest that this GB has generated. Well done to you both.

Have just found your thread - a very neat model. It‘s the metal details that make the kit so much more realistic.

Regards

Mike

Superb build and finish,best build in the group for me and there are some outstanding models present,excellent!

Thanks, for the very kind comments guys, much appreciated.

One shot that I forgot to take last weekend was of the coal in the tender - the top of which can just be seen in a couple of the shots in the gallery. I have just taken a quick snap so that I can include that here. It certainly looks better than the plastic representation that I removed at the start of the build.

DSC00712_zpsq0iqiruj.jpg

• Like 2

Absolutely beautiful modelling! Superb! Very well done. :worthy:

Personally as a confirmed fan of the GWR, you've done a sensational job there!

Thank you very much chaps. I also have Dapol's Evening Star, the last steam engine built for BR at the Swindon works, that I plan to do something similar to.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...