This site uses cookies! Learn More

This site uses cookies!

You can find a list of those cookies here: mysite.com/cookies

By continuing to use this site, you agree to allow us to store cookies on your computer. :)

AnonymousDFB1

1:32 Revell Spitfire

Finally finished my Wings Cockpit Figures pilot finished for the Spitfire, my painting of it is not as good as I would have liked but it will look okay from normal viewing distance.

P1130622_zpsaldkkhpu.jpg

Splendid Spit! Looks really good.

May I enquire - which paints did you use... I saw AK, but which numbers specifically? :)

Thanks you both

Splendid Spit! Looks really good.

May I enquire - which paints did you use... I saw AK, but which numbers specifically? :)

AK 2011 & 2012 for the RAF Dark Green and RAF Dark Earth and AK2015 for the RAF Sky

Splendid work on the paint job and weathering. In a couple of your photos it gives the same kind of slightly bleached colouring you see in contemporary colour photos from the 40s, which adds to the authentic note.

The camo masks are something I'll look into myself given your excellent results with them. I'll have to experiment with some rouge and blusher on my next build as well, seeing how well you did with the eye shadow here...

Nice one,

Tony

Splendid work on the paint job and weathering. In a couple of your photos it gives the same kind of slightly bleached colouring you see in contemporary colour photos from the 40s, which adds to the authentic note.

The camo masks are something I'll look into myself given your excellent results with them. I'll have to experiment with some rouge and blusher on my next build as well, seeing how well you did with the eye shadow here...

Nice one,

Tony

Thanks, Tony AK Interactive paints are 'scaled' to give a realistic colour effect. Please do have a look at TopNotch's Website as they have recently extended their range of masks if you have a look at my Blog you will see a review on the masks and you will find a generous discount code to use on TopNotch's website