Monogram 1/24 Chevy Blazer

Karl

Hi,

Not my usual subject, in fact it's probably my first car model in about 25 years but I have really enjoyed it.

It's nearly all OOB so some areas might look a bit simplistic, but I like it. I have painted it using Halfords rattle cans; Ford Rosso Red for the body and vinyl black for the removable back. All other colours were Humbrol Enamels. Given this kit is about 35 years old (sure it said 1980 on the box) it's in fairy good condition. Some of the bright work was a bit scuffed rattling around in the box, however I used a bit of Bare Metal Foil in places to neaten this up.

1_zpsizvt4hmk.jpg

2_zpsy4ehbgkc.jpg

4_zpsbodytr0i.jpg

3_zpslsonkbkf.jpg

5_zps9nwg2dqb.jpg

6_zpsbb8owzmp.jpg

Thanks for looking.

Karl

Edited by Karl
  • Like 12

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Karl.

:wow: reminds ME of MY couzin(female :whistle:) who drove in a similar looking vehicle as yours from UK via Iraq,Iran etc and thru Afghanistan to India.. took her 7days ...in 1978....

Your Chevy Blazer is decidely STUNNING.

:worthy:

• Like 1

Karl.

:wow: reminds ME of MY couzin(female :whistle:) who drove in a similar looking vehicle as yours from UK via Iraq,Iran etc and thru Afghanistan to India.. took her 7days ...in 1978....

Your Chevy Blazer is decidely STUNNING.

:worthy:

Thanks for you kind comments; that must have been some adventure she had on that trip! :thumbsup2:

Karl

Edited by Karl

• 7 months later...
On 12/30/2015 at 9:43 AM, Karl said:

It's nearly all OOB so some areas might look a bit simplistic

What's wrong with a little keeping it simple?  it is sharp looking and well made.  As another member said, a "neat and tidy build."  I quite agree.

I like it.B)

• Like 1