Hawker Siddeley Harrier GR.3 with aftermarket parts (Airfix 1:72)

Many thanks jrlx :)

Well, I managed some colour this morning and I've just finished some of the etch this evening. I'm going call it a night as I have to prep for work tomorrow :raincloud:

IMG_1891_zpscpeumtgu.jpg

IMG_1899_zpsittwqphp.jpg

If anyone is wondering where the joystick is, it's on the floor somewhere :rant:

I will find it! :rambo:

• Like 5

The cockpit is looking good - the PE IP really looks the business! Any sign of the joystick yet?

Thanks Stix. Once the seat is complete and the two halves are joined, it should look quite a 'busy' office.

Yep, found the joystick :elephant: I came back after dinner to have another look and it was right in front of me. I was looking for 15 minutes before dinner!

I concur with Stix, cockpit looks good - especially with the added PEs. :goodjob:

Ciao

Thank you Giemme. I hope to post some more this week but it depends on how things are at work after being away for 10 days :unsure:

• Like 1

The cockpit PE really does look sweet :thumbsup2: , a distinct step-up from the kit decals - especially on the side consoles.

I'm really going to have to invest in some acrylics for interior colours at least, I'm loosing ridiculous amounts of time waiting for enamels to dry!

Cheers for now

Craig

Nice work in the 'pit. Clean and tidy. Glad to hear you found the joystick control column after dinner :thumbsup: Hope you find work as easy after taking the break from it.

• Like 1

Thank you Col,

The return to work was surprisingly painless :)

As a result, I've managed to find some time over the last couple of evenings to put the etch and decals on the seat (along with a little colour). I've also joined the two halves.

IMG_1919_zps3pm5u7s6.jpg

IMG_1923_zpsftsmjic9.jpg

• Like 8

Looking good so far dude. How are you going to display her when finished.

Hi and thank you :)

I hadn't thought about a display. I tend just to put them all on a shelf when complete. I do have a hanger that I acquired via Britmodeller but that's 1:48 scale. Might just have to find one in 1:72 to go with it!!

Cheers

Looking good. I have the same kit with most of the extras your using. Watching with interest.

Haven't had a chance to look in before now, nearly missed the build! The cockpit looks fabulous, I eagerly await the rest.

Thank you both :)

I added the tail piece, did a small amount of filling last night (didn't need a lot). I then rubbed it down tonight.

IMG_1944_zpsimlubihi.jpg

• Like 5

The cockpit in place looks superb! The PE provides great realism. I really have to add one of these kits to my stash!

Cheers

Jaime

• Like 1

That cockpit looks really proper! :clap: :clap:

Ciao

Nice pit. I'm the same ha ha, always enjoy a dry fit of bits to see what it will look like.

Looking excellent with the seat in place! :thumbsup:

The cockpit in place looks superb! The PE provides great realism. I really have to add one of these kits to my stash!

Cheers

Jaime

Hi All,

Thanks for the support. It's really appreciated :)

I didn't get much time tonight but I did manage to drill out the hole for the pitot. Like the seat, it's loose fitted and will be fixed at the end. Just glad the camera can see it - I need glasses myself!! :hypnotised:

IMG_1971_zpspet5hkz5.jpg

• Like 4