Lightning f6 canons

fingers

It's a trials installation Selwyn for the Tornado cannon

John

Yes i know, but the implication was the Lightning had a standard fit of the Mauser and the barrel projected from the mounting. The Question was about Aden Gun barrels not mauser.

Selwyn

• Like 1

Slight deviation from original subject, but as many of you have much more Lightning knowledge than myself here goes.

The tail plane on an Airfix Lightning has a sloppy fix which doesn't hold to give a positive angle my question is when in a 'neutral' position is the tail horizontal or does it have some an/di-hedral?

Slight deviation from original subject, but as many of you have much more Lightning knowledge than myself here goes.

The tail plane on an Airfix Lightning has a sloppy fix which doesn't hold to give a positive angle my question is when in a 'neutral' position is the tail horizontal or does it have some an/di-hedral?

No, the tailplane on the Lightning had 0 degrees di/anhedral. At rest, however, the tailplane often adopted an aircraft "up" position (t/p leading edge down) giving the impression that it had dihedral.

HTH

Dennis

• Like 1

No, the tailplane on the Lightning had 0 degrees di/anhedral. At rest, however, the tailplane often adopted an aircraft "up" position (t/p leading edge down) giving the impression that it had dihedral.

HTH

Dennis

So it would be fair to attach horizontal left to right and fore to aft?

So it would be fair to attach horizontal left to right and fore to aft?

Yep or give the trailing edge a slight "up" but "horizontal left to right and fore to aft" would be fine - I think most modellers do anyway.

Dennis

• Like 1