Airfix 1:72 Vampire T.11, No 5 FTS, RAF Oakington

Icarus

Sadly, with the missing Spitfire parts curtailing my other KUTA entry, I have dug this other pending model out of the pile. This is actually my Dad's old a/c (hence his scribbles on the instructions!).

Masked up, and ready for some seriously lurid flourescent paint...

DSC019641_zps2qgdykc5.jpg[/url]

DSC019631_zpsmw4urxkx.jpg

Icarus

• Like 2

Ok - a bit of touching up, and reparative work on the tail. Will need to do some more touching up of the gloss aluminium, then glue the rest of the tail on before glossing this today ready for decaling...

DSC019851_zpsc41ai8xg.jpg

Icarus

• Like 1

Looks spot on for the orange, like mish said it usually fades especially on the top an leading edges,when I was at Duxford the other year the one they had there was about that orange

• 2 weeks later...

OK - slight update. There are a lot of decals for such as small kit! Half way there...

DSC020051_zpstancjhah.jpg

Hopefully I'll finish decalling today, although both my youngsters are seeing their first snow ever, so I may get a bit distracted with snowman making....

Icarus

OK - decaling finished. Now just a further coat of Johnson's Klear, then unmasking and adding all the dangly/breakable bits. Little weathering needed - Dad seems to think these were kept pretty spotless...

DSC020181_zpssttwvzld.jpg

DSC020171_zps5v4falbs.jpg

Icarus

• Like 1

OK - this one is finished. Couldn't resist a bit of weathering - canopy is meant to be just popped open, as per the request of the original pilot (aka Dad...)

DSC020191_zpso1fgvhsy.jpg

DSC020201_zpsmvldcm9z.jpg

Thank you for all of your support in this. With my other KUTA complete, that now clears my shelf of doom!

Now off to the P-47 and Built in Britain GBs....

Icarus

Edited by Icarus